Sign in to follow this  
sorka

Camera equivalent to Sanyo VCC-HD2300?

I really like this camera(actually had the 2500) but had to send it back because the Long Exposure mode has a major flaw. It always integrates the number of frames selected regardless of the amount of light so when daylight comes, it completely goes white from over exposure. Sanyo tech support said this is how it's supposed to work and that if I needed to use the camera in the daytime, then I should not use Long Exposure and have enough IR lighting at night without the need for this feature.

All the other cameras I have, Toshiba, Panasonic, and Pelco implement this feature correctly in that the selected frame integration number is a maximum and up to rather than fixed regardless of the amount of light. i.e they all back off to no integration when there is enough light.

The video clarity on this camera with a good megapixel lens is very very good. Much better than my Panasonic WV-NP502 3 mp camera with the same lens or the panasonic lens made specifically for it.

Is there another 4 mp camera out there that would be equivalent in performance and price but without the long exposure frame integration flaw?

I was considering the Arecont cameras, but it doesn't look like you can get a day/night ir cut feature with an auto iris feature in the same camera. This is a deal breaker for me because I need the iris to close down during the day to provide a sharp image over a wider depth of field.

Only comment. Stay away from Arecont. This is my opinion but the images are very soft and not sharp at all. They are plagued with quality issues. I just installed 4 of the 180 cameras and replaced one of the cameras twice due to defective cut filters; the cut filter was stayed stuck on sensor one on the first camera so they sent me another camera and the second camera had a stuck sensor on sensor two. The customer was over two hours away so you can only imagine the frustration. My other cameras are the 3135dn cameras. I have 2 of the four cameras where I can not get the color sensor side to focus the whole picture. The B&W side focus's great but the color side will only focus on the left side of the view or the right side but I can't focus the whole picture together. I've had the cameras come in where only B&W worked and color didn't. ARGH it's unreal.

Anyhow, you can purchase an AI Arecont camera but you have to ask for the AI feature because default they do not have the AI lens socket. To get the true day night just make sure you get a camera model with DN at the end and you will get the cut filter option. They are more limited on lens choices because they are 1/2" image sensors so be aware of that. Do not use there MP lenses and get a better MP lens from any other major lens mfg such as Fujinon, Tamron, Computar etc.

Good Luck

You've convinced me. Arecont was out of the picture already, so to speak, given the lack of auto iris and ir cut in one model.

Any alternatives?