Go3Team

DVR Recommendations Needed

So, I have about had it with software solutions, having compiled a particularly popular Linux software from source numerous times, it just never seems to be just the way it needs to be. I was almost getting ready to pull the trigger on getting an 8 port capture card, but may spend the money on a good DVR instead.

What I would prefer the unit to have:

4-8 Ports

HDMI Out - 720P or better, as well as VGA

Capable of 30fps per channel @ D1 / assign different frame rates to different inputs.

No ActiveX needed to control remotely

PTZ controllable via remote interface

Option to not get a hard drive, as I have plenty lying around.

FTP or maybe even a NFS (is that available on any?) option

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Dahua has a real time D1 DVR.

But the activeX part, if using the browser it would be activeX, otherwise they have Desktop software for Windows, Mac, and Linux - which is always better than a browser app anyway.

The DH-DVR0804HF-S or DH-DVR0804HF-A look decent, too bad Google doesn't bring up any US vendors.

Any thoughts on either of those?

They typically dont sell those in the US.

The most common full D1 model is the HE-T with 704x480 @ 30 fps each channel.

Can hold up to 8 Hard Drives.

Dahua is sold under other names in the US.

That looks good too, what "brands" should I be looking for?

If you don't want to deal with Active-X, then get a DVR which has free "DVR Management Software". For example, all of Samsung's DVRs come with SmartViewer3.0, a program that connects to all of your Samsung devices and shows all of the cameras. You can do everything like you are at the DVR; review recording, view live, change settings, etc.

That looks good too, what "brands" should I be looking for?

QVis is one of them. Id recommend them because one of the forum partners sells them and knows the products well.

QVis is one of them. Id recommend them because one of the forum partners sells them and knows the products well.

If it's who I think it is, I've already looked at the Qvis on their site, so I may have to send some $ their way.

I don't know if it's coincedence or not, but we had an earthquake today, and the motion detection on the software solution has not worked ever since. Too bad it didn't catch the actual earthquake.

I think I've chose what I'm going to get. I guess what I'm looking for is to see if anyone has a video @ 7FPS. The particular unit I'm looking at produces that frame rate, and I want to see if that will work for me.

Thanks.

I think I've chose what I'm going to get. I guess what I'm looking for is to see if anyone has a video @ 7FPS. The particular unit I'm looking at produces that frame rate, and I want to see if that will work for me.

Thanks.

check out the CCTV videos on my hurricane thread, all 7fps.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26844&p=164275#p164275

also this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S-e12FmVAk

Thanks.

check out the CCTV videos on my hurricane thread, all 7fps.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26844&p=164275#p164275

also this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S-e12FmVAk

Sitting here at work watching them on my phone, looks good enough to me on the small screen. I think I'm sold. I'm looking at the Qvis Apollo HD 8 or 16.

Thanks!

Sitting here at work watching them on my phone, looks good enough to me on the small screen. I think I'm sold. I'm looking at the Qvis Apollo HD 8 or 16.

Thanks!

Also I had to reupload a couple hurricane videos as the previous encoding I did with AviDemux along with Youtube's conversion to FLV caused the final frame rate of the video to drop drastically. I only did that with a couple of the last ones I uploaded as I noticed it with them, especially the color video and I didnt edit all with AviDemux. So not sure if the rest are all exactly 7fps or not, hard to tell, they may actually have ended up being a little less. But I think its close enough. 30fps D1 is nice, but comes with a price most applications dont need. I even have a couple cameras set to 7fps CIF, such as a front door, and a small gate area which is only used to watch dogs eat.

Thanks!

Also I had to reupload a couple hurricane videos as the previous encoding I did with AviDemux along with Youtube's conversion to FLV caused the final frame rate of the video to drop drastically. I only did that with a couple of the last ones I uploaded as I noticed it with them, especially the color video and I didnt edit all with AviDemux. So not sure if the rest are all exactly 7fps or not, hard to tell, they may actually have ended up being a little less. But I think its close enough. 30fps D1 is nice, but comes with a price most applications dont need. I even have a couple cameras set to 7fps CIF, such as a front door, and a small gate area which is only used to watch dogs eat.

I think the one I saw that sold me was one that was titled something like "______ switching to Infrared". I guess it was you in there towards the end. I was trying to see if there was any blurryness, but the picture was pretty crisp considering. Only with the quick moving stuff in one of the hurricane vids did it seem pretty choppy.