Sign in to follow this  
alpine0000

My earthquake footage on camera

*update* - see my next post a couple posts down for the footage

Had a 5.8 to 5.9 earthquake here in VA today at 1:51pm. I was at work, and our building shook like crazy and they evacuated us. When I get home, I'm going to check my DVR and see if you can see anything good on the cameras.

Anybody else capture anything exciting today?

Edited by Guest

Well, the video isnt as cool as I had hoped. In fact, it doesnt look bad at all. Things in my office were falling over and the lights hanging from the ceiling were swaying back and forth.

In the video, things start to noticeably shake around 1:51:23 (1:51pm and 23 seconds). Unfortunately, my cameras are only recording 3 or 4 frames per second, instead of 15 or 30, so its much harder to tell that things are shaking. You can see the little tv tray table thing in the living room shaking, as well as the colored bottles in the center of the dining room table. And various things on the deck are noticeable too. It was much worse in person than the terrible quality video portrays.

http://www.flopit.net/earthquake.exe

Don’t "run" that from your web browser. Choose “download”, and save it on your desktop. The executable is self-contained and opens up the video and the exacq software. It doesnt install anything at all on your computer. I know some of you are concerned about downloading an .exe file... Thats just how exacq exports video. If it concerns you, don't download it

The file is about 10MB. Not too big at all.

Don’t "run" that from your web browser. Choose “downloadâ€, and save it on your desktop. The executable is self-contained and opens up the video and the exacq software. It doesnt install anything at all on your computer. I know some of you are concerned about downloading an .exe file... Thats just how exacq exports video. If it concerns you, don't download it

Big hurricane coming, what do I have to loose

will check it out later ... gotta go deal with some things

Yea, I'll check my cams, we felt it all the way down here!

I was in the garage working on a gun when suddenly everything around was shimmying back and forth slightly. First time I've felt that...

EDIT: Looks like that lady was pretty freaked out for a moment there!