I've tested iVista6 quite a bit and have determined that for what you get, there is much better out there and for a lot less money. The only thing that I see that is nice is the ability to get to the recorded video clips via the web browser. If you want to only stream one Camera, it has good performance, but as soon as you add a second camera, you get about 1fps if your lucky.

I don't think they quite know what direction they are going yet. They are the OEM software for Panasonic IP Cameras PSS200 and now PSS300 which is the same thing as Ivista6, but only for Panasonic Cameras.

There software would be much improved in the security arena if they developed an ActiveX viewer for InternetExplorer so they could actually push through some good frame rates. Most of these companies jumped on the Java Bandwagon for Internet broadcasting (1-4fps at small size). For real world security, we need good performance on the business LAN (100MB LAN) and the ability to display on Internet, knowing that performance is going to be poor.

iVista6 also doesn't control the frame rate of the camera, just its own viewer. Again, all these software developers should spend a little time looking at the API of the cameras and realize that if they can actually control the frame rate that the camera is delivering images to them, that they control the bandwidth... Actually, Astatech is supposedly working on this type of feature set.