Charles_Heraver

Pelco Spectra III repair questions

I have a question about repairing these dome drives.

We have a couple that seem to have intermittant connectors between the dome drive and backbox. Sometimes they will do their maiden spin on power up, other times not. Removing and reseating the dome drive to the backbox sometimes works, sometimes not.

I seen to recall reading on this board that Pelco had some issues with these connectors. Is this the connector on the backbox, or the connector that screws into the receiver/driver board?

I do see the green LED on the backbox, and the fan up there sounds smooth also. The pins also look OK, but obviously I can't be sure they are making good contact.

Thank you very much.

Charles Heraver

What we found with some of these is that the vibration from the pan system can cause intermittent contact because the camera unit does't always fit snugly against the back board. The "fix" was to make a "shock absorber" by rolling a short piece of duct tape with the sticky side out, then sticking that right in the middle of the back of the camera body, beside the contact block - four "thicknesses" should generally be enough to prevent the camera from vibrating and shifting, so it can maintain solid contact.