ssnapier

Mobotix MxServer... WEIRD problem

Ok, so I am using MxServer to feed 13 Sony RZ25N's into Mobotix Control Center. This setup has been in place for about a year, but there have been a LOT of issues to sort out. Part of that was my learning curve with the system, but part of it is just hurting my head. Last month I thought I had things all sorted out, but now I have MxServer telling me that all 13 channels are recording (in the application screen) but when I go to the config page, it is a different story.

The radio button for recording is set to ON, but if I click "off" and hit send, it comes back and says "no changes have been made". If I click the "ON" radio button, which is already selected, it then says "event recording activated". The problem is that it is not really recording, because nothing is being saved to the NAS.

None of this makes a dang bit of sense to me, does anyone have a suggestion??

I have uninstalled and reinstalled MxServer, deleted and rebuilt all 13 channels, and even deleted the entire windows profile and did it all over again on fresh profile. I am very confused and discouraged here...

I figured it out, the directory where these are being stored on the NAS became corrupted and essentially had NO permissions to do anything. All better now... but wow was that messing with my head!

I don't like the behavior of MxServer in this situation, but at least the log file lead me in the right direction. It would be nice to have a bit of feedback from this thing, but at least now I know how to identify the issue.

First person I know that has used MxServer to integrate non mobotix into mxcc, nice work. But, why cant they push out an encoder like Avigilon, they would instead like to waste time working on the door station that seems to never get released

I recently received a beta of MxServer that support a few more camera brands, and that was a HUGE help to me since they added Panasonic. The biggest problem I see with MxServer is that it just sends a stream of data... I cannot used motion based recording at all so I have to have a LOT more storage available.