Sign in to follow this  
SoM3_Idi0t

VCM 24VFH RS485?

Sorry for the dumb question.

I just recieved my cameras. I figured Id get one out and play with it b4 the weekend so I know whats what..Im reading the manual and it says 485 its built in, then I read that its an option?

Can anyone confirm yes or no? And If yes, where is the wiring? RS485 runs over 24vac?

What does it control?

It I can use it, Id like to, if not....oh well.

I have an Apollo hd-pro16

Im confused. Please explain.

As far as I could tell when I got mine (w/o heaters though), the RS485 is an option, but is not installed by default. I actually looked around on the PCBs and saw possible connections for RS485:

DSC_0125-1.jpg

So maybe if you soldered on some wires, you could use the feature.

The RS485 actually allows you to change the OSD settings remotely. To me its a cool feature, but not all that useful. I mean, once I set up a camera, it is done with. I don't really have a need to play with it further.

Also, it is NOT ran over the power lines (that would be bad). Info on RS485 There are two wires used, + and -.

I remember reading you post a couple of weeks ago. I remember you mentioning the 485, but I could have swore you ment the bottom 3 holes. ....... I was lazy and didnt want to search for your thread. =0

I read the manual and its not helpful, and there website is just as vague.

Ive done a little bit Third Party Interfacing with Automated Logic Building Controls, talking to Square D power montioring equipment, so I know some about the protocols, and how it talks/baud rate etc. The way that the PCB board reads is confusing. The way I read it, it sounds like you would do 485 over 12volts. Which sounded odd. And with this not being my trade, I thought I would ask.

Anyone know the pin out of where the 485 is? Or even have a picture of one thats already has the setup/option for it?

I know its not a big deal either but if I have an option, id like to be able to use it. And it means adding a couple of wires, then Ill be willing to do it.