Xeno194

Have a few questions about my DVR

This is my first post here. I went out and purchased what i believe is a linux embedded 4ch dvr. The model is a Truon DV8888. The problem i am having is when i view the dvr over my andriod phone (3g service t-mobile usa) i get the first couple of frames of the stream and then it drops out leaving a static image that never updates or changes. The port i'm using is 8050. The DVR uses eagleeyes for smartphones but i use the standard browser already on the phone. When i view the DVR over the net via my pc or any pc it is fine. What am i doing wrong, i tried different ports from what i read on here and that still did not help? I think this DVR is a clone or an rebadge of another popular model. If it is what firmware can i use on this to try and update it?

Thank you for any and all help.

Mike

Sounds like it's just a bandwidth limitation. Does your phone have WiFi? Maybe try it from a WiFi connection away from home (at a coffee shop or something).

I just noticed that if i resize the browser (2 finger pinch) on the android and shrink it down smaller it streams without any issues. Hope this might help other people having problems via 3g