I have a 4ch DVR and im only using 2 of the 4 inputs. I have my screen setup in quad view. Inputs 3 and 4 show video loss. Can i put bnc terminators (50ohm) on inputs 3 and 4 to get rid of the 2 blue boxes or is there a better way to put a dummy load on the inputs. My dvr has no way of making those inputs non active.

Mike

you could split the input from the cameras so you have cam 1 going into input 1 and 3 and cam2 going into input 2 and 4

That's a good idea. I'm going to buy 2 terminators and 2 bnc splitters and see if the terminators work if they don't i will just run the splitters. Thanks again for the tip.

Mike

Terminators won't help. The system is looking for the presence of a video signal.

Splitters are a bad idea, too - it will very likely result in a degraded picture for both cameras, so instead of one "100% quality" image of each, you'll get two "80% (or so) quality" images. The loss may or may not be noticeable... but I'd suggest just not bothering.

yeah, i don't see whats wrong with leaving it as it is tbh.

you could hook the other ch's up to a dvd player or something and watch tv whilst monitoring your cams

yeah, i don't see whats wrong with leaving it as it is tbh.

you could hook the other ch's up to a dvd player or something and watch tv whilst monitoring your cams

I like the way you think!

Sportscenter and The Weather Channel!