Sign in to follow this  
namahs

Dahua DVR remote browser viewing problem

I am able to remote view via PSS on my Windows 7 desktop and gDMSS on my Android smartphone. The problem I am having is when I open an Internet Explorer (v8) browser and put in my IP address, I get the error message "cannot display webpage". Is it just http://IP address? what about port number? does it use the 3777 port?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I fixed the issue. Apparently most residential ISP would block port 80 (web). I confirmed by checking to see if my ports were open thru www.canyouseeme.org . Then I changed the web port on the Dahua DVR to (anything other than 80) 8888 and added the port fwd on my wifi router. It works now =)

Common mistake. When I first started installing, I would load the settings into my iPhone and so long as it was working on there, I figured it had to be working on the web port too.

After having to roll a truck twice, I got wise and realized the same thing that you did with ISPs blocking port 80. Now we are smart enough to always someone from the local office pull up the DVR before the technician leaves to make sure it is working on all ports.