Sign in to follow this  
CCTV VETERAN

AVTECH DVR 'DOWNLOAD FAILED'

Hello all

I have an Avtech AVC793 4ch. 250gbHDD at a remote site. There is no problem on site, it records, plays back, archives etc as it should but when I connect remotely I can't play back or Back up, I can only view live.

When I try and playback a particular time and day an error message will say 'PLAYBACK FAILED'

When I try and Backup a particular time and day an error message will say 'DOWNLOAD FAILED'

I am using Video Viewer Version 0.1.8.3 and I've also tried direct with the URL but had the same results.

Any help please????????

having the exact same problem and haven't figured it out yet.

i've tried factory resetting the camera, reloading the firmware, reinstalling the viewer software...getting a little frustrated with it.

the SD card works fine, i can read in on my mac..and any alarms are definitely recorded on the card...so it must be something to do with either the network speed, or admin rights to the disk...wonder has it anything to do with anti-virus..must try that next

any other ideas welcome

I know this has been open a while, but I had a similar problem and searched; came across this, but it didn't give me an answer. After some messing around I discovered that it was my anti-virus that was blocking things. Hopefully this may save someone else a few hours.

Video Viewer - 1.1.3 - Now

AV - Avast

OS - Win 7