Sign in to follow this  
steveo*65

CnM H.264 online viewing

Hi all,

I too have just bought CnM H.264 4 channel cctv. I have read all the posts but still, stupidly, cannot view online. I have tried all suggestions but one main thing is on the DVR it will not give me the option to select static, just netcard. I am running on BT Infinity broadband. If I request a static option from BT, will this then show up on the DVR. Please help as I am at my wits end. The other query I have is port forwarding. Does anyone have an idiots guide to do this.

Thanks

Hi I also have the same unit but the word netcard does not appear, only dhcp, or static,with regards to port forwarding, I am unsure on your model of router,you Must enable upnp on the router, open port 80,also I believe ports 6002, 6002 and 6003 on t=this model dvr, it should be on the user guide which ports are needed,you will need to define your own internal ip to the dvr and forward ports on the router to this adress, any ip between 2 and 254 can be assigned priding you are not running a few pc on the lower numbers, if in doubt assighn a number of example 145 to the dvr

Sorry bout the typo,s it should have read ports 6001 6002 and 6003 as well as port 80

I believe the 3 other ports are for mobile phone viewing as I cant find my user guide

When opening ports, on the DVR it has TCP port - default setting 34567 and HTTP port - setting 80. Are these the ports to be defined as web and media ports as I still cannot view online.

Thanks

http 80 is web viewing port, the other is media unless someone corrects me on this, but 80 is definitly your viewing port

As per the various CnM posts re settings, my DVR does not give the option to change to static, only netcard. Is there any other way of getting around this. If not I would appreciate a step by step guide to setting one up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

only other option i suggest is select dhcp and allocate ip that way, see how you go, it should still work on WAN

Hello gents,

If I can I will add my 2 cents here. If I got it right you got :

Internet ----> Router ---> DVR

First, if you want to know what ports your dvr is using the best way (if you don't have the manual) is to port scan the DVR. You can use nmap or any other network scanning tool that is around (just google it - there are lots out there).

Now, regarding port 80. If I was you I would change that on your DVR to port 8080 (or something else). The reason behind this is because your router also uses port 80 for its own web interface. And when you are trying to connect from the internet to port 80 to view your DVR if could potentially clash with your routers 80 port (even if its set to forward the incoming port 80 to port 80 of the DVR). It can cause you some problems so please change your DVR web port to something different.

Also if you have a dynamic ip then that could be a pain. So as probably someone told you a dyndns would be an option It will update nearest gateway ip and will update it in the dyndns database so everytime you query the name of your home ip (the dyndns address) you will be redirected to the good ip address (the one that will be active at the time).

Hope this helps a bit