darren_co

Can someone please help me sort an Avtech KPD674ZB-C

Hi. I have recently bought an Avtech KPD674ZB-C DVR. I have setup most things all all seems well apart from 2 items.

I can view my cameras remotely and locally using my iphone using eagleeyes, Android tab, IE9 on my PC and Safari again on my iphone with no problems at all.

I have setup the remote access so family can also view again this works as it should too.

The only bits I am having trouble with is the email and FTP.

I have one camera that I would like to be told about if anything triggers it when not at home, so I set up motion detection and played around with the settings to reduce false activations, this again was pretty easy and also works how I want it. The next step was to receive an email to alert me of any triggers and also for the image or images to be uploaded to my remote FTP server.

I made sure the alert settings for MAIL and FTP were switched on and then tested. All I got was an email saying that a trigger had occured and that it was to big to view in IE. There is an option to download from within IE but only as a zip. If I download the file and try to view it even after putting in the user name and password for the DVR all I get is a black square and the trigger info. I have tried all sorts and just can't seem to get it to send an image of any sort. I can view the trigger footage at home via the DVR and also if I use my PC, I can even do this remotely if I have access to a PC. I have checked the logs and there are no messages saying that either the eamil or FTP upload failed and when I check the remote FTP server the same file that was emailed is there but again not able to view it. I have entered the user ID and password for the DVR to access the file but still am unable to do so. Just in case you need to know I use GMAIL for my email alerts and the settings seem to be ok as I am getting an email! Same with the FTP server or am I doing something wrong? I have only had this DVR for 2 weeks and I have to say thus far I am pretty impressed.

I was told the firmware is the latest version and is showing as: 1010N-1003N-1005N-1002N but this is double dutch to me!

Any help at all would go a very long way and I am sorry if someone else has already posted about this issue.

I will supply further info if needed. Thanks in advance

Clearly Gmail supports SMTP, bceause you got a message. If I understand correctly, your only problem is that you cannot read the file that was sent by the motion trigger. What format is that file supposed to be in? What is the file name?

I don't understand this

All I got was an email saying that a trigger had occured and that it was to big to view in IE

Where exactly did you get a message that something was too big and what exactly did that message say?

If you are getting email and posting the file to the ftp server, you are nearly there.

I have added a pic with 3 boxes (sorry if the pic quality is not the best as 1st time doing it on here)

the top box shows my emails inbox (I editied the pic to remove all other info but also removed this part in error: If you see this then your email client is not mime / MHTML compliant)

The middle box shows what happens when I open the email (the file name and type are motion29.html)

The bottom box shows what happens when I open the file after downloading it from the email.

I entered my user name and password in the boxes as per the pic, but still get the black box without any image(s) shown

I hope this may give a clue as to what may be wrong

221277835_allemails.thumb.jpg.761248be8d0e1886fd7da2d0ece69a0c.jpg

The email you are getting looks like an HTML file. I don't think it includes any video. In that case, the only way the HTML file will work is if the server's address is set correctly and you can actually get to the server from whatever machine you are reading the email on. I'm out of ideas here.

Open the file you download with notepad.

more down you should have to find a string with your ip adress

( es: http://63.23.451.4)

Use it to connect to your dvr. if the number is wrong, probably you need to check your router setting