MRWHITE35

How do I got about setting up remote view without a static I

How do I got about setting up remote view, so I can do my cameras anywhere without a static IP address, all the ports on my router are open,? geo 8.5 software.

thanks

Set up a free DDNS server acct at www.dyndns.org. You create a host name (i.e. bigjimmysdvr.dyndns.org) and then you add those settings onto a device on your network (DVR, some routers, computer, etc.) that has DDNS support. Then when your IP address changes, the device will update dyndns.org with the new IP address. This allows you to always access the DVR using one "static" address (bigjimmysdvr.dyndns.org) even when your ISP changes the IP address.

Set up a free DDNS server acct at www.dyndns.org. You create a host name (i.e. bigjimmysdvr.dyndns.org) and then you add those settings onto a device on your network (DVR, some routers, computer, etc.) that has DDNS support. Then when your IP address changes, the device will update dyndns.org with the new IP address. This allows you to always access the DVR using one "static" address (bigjimmysdvr.dyndns.org) even when your ISP changes the IP address.

DYNDNS is no longer free

is it possible to set up a free update client that emails or texts the new IP address to me every time it changes ?

it might be annoying if it happens frequently , but i cant find a free DNS service that appears to be honest clean and reliable yet .

there are plenty advertising "free" or cheap but once you get in there the extras could cost $ 28 - 65 per year

i want a set and forget system

any suggestions ?

Not entirely free but one small yearly fee ... purchase a domain name through a domain name registrar, sign up for a free account at FreeDNS.afraid.org, add the afraid.org name servers to your domain name registrar account, then download one of the FreeDNS update programs at afraid.org. Now you can even assign sub domains and much more, host a website, even host your own email server

what rory said will work, but the other thing, about dyndns.org, is that you can get a hostname for 20/year (i think, maybe 30...?)

a few dollars a month isn't really a big deal, is it? pretend it is another tank of gas (or half tank, depending on where you live/what you drive. )

You can still get a free service from DynDns as long as you use the forwarded URL at least once every 30 days.

I just keep forgetting to do this and end up having to restart it, so gave up and paid the $20.