Sign in to follow this  
ahitechs

dvr video over internet using free DDNS please help

Hello Dear

Any buddy help me to configure the DVR to get its video over Interent , i am totally help less this time please help me with step by step configuration

thanks in advance

Which DVR?

The basics are this:

1) Assign an IP address to the DVR. This will be a local IP address (most likely something like 192.168.0.25)

2) Enable port forwarding. Your DVR will most likely use port 80 and another port. You will need to go into your router and forward the specified ports to the IP address you set up above. If you need assistance, you can use a site like www.portforward.com for assistance.

3) Verify that your ports are in fact open (some ISPs block certain ports, like port 80.) You can verify this using a site like www.yougetsignal.com, then click on the Port Forwarding Tester. Enter in the ports you have opened on your router and the tester will tell you whether they are opened or not.

4) Create a DDNS account using www.dyndns.org. The Dyndns service will update your IP address every time your ISP changes it. (NOTE: you will need to have a device on your network that has DDNS support on it. Some routers have it. Many DVRs have it. Once your dyndns account is set up, you can put those settings into the router, DVR, or even a computer on the network. Then when the IP address changes you can still access the DVR.)

5) Access the DVR through your web browser by typing in the dyndns account that you created. If you've done everything correctly, it will open your DVR web interface page.