steait

Hosted surveillance - input needed

Hi guys,

I got a few customers who needs a CCTV solution and all have plenty of bandwidth so I figured I'd set up cameras on-site and set up a shared solution in my hosting center. I have 40+ mbit between sites and a latency of about 10-20ms and I only need about 5 cameras on each site so bandwidth and latency should not be a problem.

The challenge is which software to run - and which cameras to use.

If possible I would use wireless ip cameras but I am struggling to find reliable information on which models are high quality, stable and able to connect to an NVR over WAN, although I could set up a VPN connection but it would still place the NVR on a different subnet than the cameras.

Also software wise it would be awesome if I could segregate it so I can specify which users can access which cameras - I cannot use software which requires a dongle because it's all going to be run on virtual servers. I could set up a virtual server for each customer if its not possible to segregate it in existing software.

So basically if anyone has advice on, experience with or recommendations on wireless IP cameras which work over WAN or at least a different subnet, an NVR which supports multiple users with different views based on permissions - preferably with Active Directory integration. I would be glad to listen and learn.

Thank you