SAJEEL

microphone advise

Hi,

I need a good quality microphone for a client, he currently has 12v condeser mic which is powered 12vdc, the sound can be heard however there is whistle / echo background noise, require a good quality mic, dont mind if i have to fit pre amp.

Thanks in advance.

Search on amazon for "CCTV microphone."

First result will be for a VideoSecu microphone. I've used it a few times and customer has been pleased with the result. It is easy to install with a power input/output (plug the camera's power supply into the microphone, then connect the camera to microphone. Done!)

Costs about $15 and if you have an Amazon prime account, shipping is free!

The cheap electret condenser microphones work pretty well in most instances, but for high-end audio applications (police interview rooms, etc) we've used the Crown PZM microphones http://www.crownaudio.com/mic_web/pzm.htm. They are really excellent, but cost quite a bit more.

Radio Shack used to sell their own re-branded version of the Crown PZMs, years ago, for a lot cheaper... the PZM design itself is excellent for this sort of use (several companies make similar boundary-zone-type mics).

Special Thanks to hardwired and soundy for you replies, it seems that a boundary or pzm microhpones, will be up for the job. Thanks does anyone know what wiring i should use distance to dvr will be around 15 - 20 metres, as believe these mics operate on 12v - 48v.

Thanks

I thought he asked for good quality?? Not sure what the Ebay and Amazon references are about... He wanted an improvement, not a cheap equivilant.

If he wants an improvement go with Louroe or Crown PZM.