Sign in to follow this  
kd4dna

Trouble with Nuvico PTZ cameras

OK, Lets see if I can adequately explain my issues.

Set up. All equipment is NUVICO

DVR is a model EV-16000.

PTZ Cameras (2) are model SC-S36.

Keyboard controller is a model CK-1000.

I have been running 9 static cameras on the DVR for about 2 years without issues. I recently added the 2x SC-S36 cameras. I configured (set the dip switches on each camera) one camera as PTZ ID 001, and the other as PTZ ID 002. I set the Baud rate at 9600, and the protocol to the NUVICO standard (originally it was set to auto-detect). When the cameras are turned on and go through the initialization both cameras show the PTD ID as 001. I went back and checked to ensure I didn't make a mistake, both were as I set them (i.e. 001 and 002 respectively). So the issue is why do both cameras think they are camera 1? When I control/move the cameras they both move together. This is when I use the DVR PTZ control function. If I reverse the PTZ ID on the DVR camera software setting, (i.e. 1 to 2 and 2 to 1) then the other camera is the one that takes the control and moves both when I use the remote.

Why would both cameras believe they are camera 1?

Second issue:

With the CK-1000 keyboard connected I can not get any response from the DVR, the RS-485 (1 pair wire) are connected TX+ to RX+ and TX- to RX- on the DVR (with the TX+ and TX- on the DVR connected to the RX+ and RX- on the cameras). The RS-485 cable pair is run to Camera 1 and then run to camera 2 in parallel with camera 2 set as terminated (dip setting).

The first time I connected and didn't get any response from the cameras I removed the DVR from the equation and connected the cameras directly to the CK-1000 keyboard and was able to control the cameras (still the same issue, both cameras moving in unison, as they both still think they are camera 1. When I run a configuration test using the keyboard it only shows 1 camera, when it completes the test. Even though both cameras are active (I have an image on the monitor for each frame) and they both move when controlled.

Then the keyboard "beeped" and rebooted itself. when I logged back on I could no longer control the cameras, or get the joystick to move between menu items on the LCD display. I have restarted the system numerous times, rebooted the DVR, Cameras, and Keyboard.

I can still control (move) the cameras using the menu (remote control) from the DVR.

I'm at a loss, here. Anyone with ideas I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Ron

kd4dna@charter.net

Note that my Everfocus DVR, the PTZ number has to be set one higher.

in my DVR or the Keyboard menu, I have to change the PTZ ID to one higher than what you want. I bet yours work the same way.

OK, well that is different. I tried that, however no joy. I ended up talking with Nuvico tech support and the cameras are going back to them for check out.. I was able to resolve the keyboard issue with their help.

Thanks,

Ron

Always hated wiring those things in serial the dip setting can be irritating at times I usually try setting them to oddly high numbers 4 -8 for testing if both are still registering with as camera 1 then there may be a dip setting to turn on serial setting also may be a setting on the dvr to let it know you have more than one camera on that control run. Out of the various protocols Pelco-d seems to have the fewest hiccups your Nuvico probably supports it as it is pretty much standard.