ify2011

dvr cannot be viewed remotely

i installed a dvr with a cisco router WRVS4400N. it was working remotely for sometime before it stopped. I can view locally (LAN) but cannot view remotely again. All port still remain the same and IPS are not blocking any. The system kept bring "Please wait while system reconnects" I am very confused. It has failed to open remotely the dvr. What should I do?

Hi,

sound like you wan ip address has changed, easy solution on lan pc type www.mywanip.com make a note of ip for example: 80.123.456.789 and then try to acess using port numer like this

80.123.456.789:80 or 80.123.456.789:5000 i normally use ports above 5000 to avoid problems, if that works then you have two options one is to pay isp for static ip address or use no-ip or dyndns both are free after registration and can be found by google.

let me know if you resolved or still stuck.

Thanks. the problem has not changed. Even though I have a static Ip from my ISP. I feel the that the bandwidth is not enough. I have changed from 256kbps/1Mbps to 128/512kbps, yet it is still the same. The problem started when I changed my local ISP to foreign one. I am planning to revert back to the local ISP. Then I was on 128kbps/512kbps and it was working properly..

sound like there is a lag in your broadband connection you can perform speedtest,

http://speedtest.net/

make sure pc is in idle mode, no downloads or uploads.

If you can connect to dvr but timesout then you have problem with connection, revert back to old isp or choose another isp, by the way what isp are you currently with.