Sign in to follow this  
onelung

White Screens and fuzzy lines..

173001_1.jpg

Hey guys.. new to the forums, thought I would come here since im going crazy with this problem..

These white screens go on and off at random times... It seems like it stays on ch 4, 7 and 9-12.

-The first thing when I saw that picture (above) I turned off the dvr and turned it back on and then ch 4 turned white. It was perfect before I reset the dvr, took a few hours to come back. (might be a bad dvr) (but when i switched the ports it seemed to follow)

-This is a heavy equipment rental yard, they also fix big trucks here. Lots of "dirty power"

-We checked our connections no loose connections.

-When I check them online at night they seem to be fine. sometimes fuzzy.

-I tried a few other things as well but i never seen a white screen before in the many years i've been doing this.

thanks for all the help.

edit: also when we take down a camera for example.. we went to cam 10 to check the power and once we touched the power connection on it (at the camera connection, not power supply connection), cam 13 got all fuzzy. Its like if you breathe on this thing it goes crazy.

All these cameras are on cat5e with baluns. farthest runs are about 500 feet (cam 12 is about 100 feet and also goes white)

If you think its dirty power you can clean it up by putting your equipment on a UPS with with automatic voltage regulation (most APC's and Tripplites have it, I'm sure most others do too).

Could possibly be cheap/defective baluns too? Does cycling the power to the cameras make them come back up?