jetspeedz

Which Pelco or Speco Analog Camera

I think i have the DVR now under my belt and im looking at 4 quality cameras. My buddy recommended Pelco and Speco and im leaning towards Speco b/c i see they offer bullet and dome cameras.

what model Speco Dome and bullet do you recommend. Looking for at least 600TVL or better for a 4 channel system. Looking for Dome or bullet i think dome would be best by front door while bullet on the outside of the garage.

Thanks

I would go for KT&C before Speco, cheaper in most cases and KT&C is the actual manufacturer yet sold by online retail stores in the US (as well as distributors). They have lots of bullets and domes, and 700TVL cameras.

Probably the same. Used Speco in the past but had issues with them so stopped using them. Have only used some of the mini KT&C bullets but have some of their 700TVL TDN IR Bullets on order.

KT&C is on almost every CCTV retail and distributor site in the world LOL.

They have been around for a long time and are major players in the middle of the range brand.

We generally never buy CCTV gear from somewhere like Amazon, they just dont have what we need.

I looked up the first model on their site and could not get a single hit on google KPC-DN301

I see a lot of UK sites but im in the USA

Basically as they are a Korean Manufacturer some of their new cameras can take a few months to become available in the US. Also the actual part numbers at the retailers/distributors are slightly different from the ones on the manufacturers site in that they have alot of options.

Search this one, it is a new 700TVL one but has lots of results.

KPC-N501NU

Older models

KPC-N500

KPC-N700

and ofcourse one of their popular mini bullets

KPC-VBN190NHWX

Ahh, see im trying to avoid the generic copied stuff for quality reasons. If i wanted a cheap copy ive seen 700TVL cameras with Sony chips as low as $99 but they are that price for a reason. I don't want to replace these cameras in a year or two if you catch my drift. Pay up and do it right once and be happy forever.

The only one that showed up in US retailers online is the KPC-N501NU which is not far off in terms of price compared to name brand camera so if you ask my why bother buying a generic copied camera with sketchy warranty. I don't mind paying for quality camera but thanks for the suggestions

Now which Speco do you guys recommend

Speco IS OEM, KT&C is NOT OEM, KT&C is the Manufacturer from Korea, Speco Imports from Asia and just sticks their name on it. If anything KT&C is a name brand while Speco is the small player.

Look at Speco HTINTB8 Intensifier 3 series. Greet low light Bullet Cam

and Speco CVC6246IHR also Intensifier 3 series Indoor Dome.

Have installed about 30 of these in the past year. All function great. and great quality in low light setting.

Look at Speco HTINTB8 Intensifier 3 series. Greet low light Bullet Cam

and Speco CVC6246IHR also Intensifier 3 series Indoor Dome.

Have installed about 30 of these in the past year. All function great. and great quality in low light setting.

Great thanks a lot ill look into them

I used to do installs for a Pelco vendor they make about the best stuff out their but you pay out the nose for it if you can find it as they mostly only sell through certified installers and for home use they are a bit over kill.