Razer_SE

Luxriot - anyone have thoughts on this software?

Evaluating Luxriot and Exacq right now, and both appear to do what we want them to. I cannot test Exacq fully right now as I cannot find an analog card that will work to test, but I assume so far it will do what I need.

Looking pretty hard at Luxriot right now, it has been perfectly stable in testing over the last couple of weeks, and the features will do almost everything we want it too. I wish for better views in the time line in playback, and a couple of other niggle type of complaints, but overall it seems very solid in my testing. Any major problems or troubles with this software that I sould know about?

Will be getting 50 seperate units, each running 12-24 cameras, all off site with no one manning them. The cost of the units are only a few hundred less each than the Exacq units, but there are no ongoing costs with the software which is sure attractive with the number of units we are getting. Currently have all analog, so hybrid is a must due to costs at first. Exacq would be 12-15K a year it appears to stay current after a few years so that would add up fast, otherwise it looks nice also.

Any feedback from you guys would be appreciated.

I'm not a big fan of Luxriot, mostly because of the UI. Also had some issues on larger installs.

If you are evaluating, then try Avigilon while your at it.

What don't you like about it? My experience was nothing but positive.

Also hard to beat the.price.

They are really nice people. Their support is good, they really try to help you. However, I have been telling them for years their entire interface sucks, the way you zoom, the way you playback, everything. But yea, for the price + feature combination, you can't really beat it.

It'll work great if your looking at your cameras occasionally, playing back only when there is an incident, but for people who constantly use their systems in a security environment their interface makes it impossible.

I just recommend this particular user take a look at his options, checkout Avigilon, Milestone, Genetec, Exacq (I heard they got better, can't confirm).

Mainly the playback interface. I'd rather use a the closed platform freebie ware that comes with Vivotek or Acti.

You prefer the bundled Acti software? Seriously?

Wow... you must REALLY hate Luxriot.

Thanks for the replies, after testing for a couple of weeks I've found that the software would meet our needs and it many areas I really liked it. But the playback is weak for sure, I can make it work and it's better than a couple of systems we are using now but it is not good enough. Maybe after a few more versions they will be everything I want, but not currently. No saved views in web views is another miss right now as most users on a daily basis will use the web view. Overall though the software worked very well and I was impressed with it, especially considering the cost. Just not quite there yet imo.

Exacq is where I'm leaning very hard right now, the cost is not that much more and it meets all our needs and we can even grow into it later on as far as some features are concerned. There are a couple of small issues, but overall it is our winner after testing so far. I'll have at least 40 servers, and 600+ cameras when the new setup is done and Exacq seems to have responsive support and good third party camera support so far.

Now I'm researching cameras and such, thanks again guys!

Just a quick note, did you double check with Exacq if they support any Analog cards other then their own? I was under the impression they no longer sell analog cards separately, that you have to buy their system from them directly.

I've not checked as we are getting entire systems no matter who we go with. Our current stuff is old, time for replacement, or with some we will reuse as standalone DVRs for locations with no internet. We have another 30 locations in that situation currently.