Sign in to follow this  
andrewmahoney

missing time and date

Hi guys,…Wonder if anyone can help.one of my sites has 3x Samsung shr-5162 dvr’s the staff access them via a p.c on its own little network…the problem is that when they backup images to cd or p.c the time and date are missing, apparently this is normal when using avi files. I was wondering if there was a way of getting the time and date on to the avi file? I have talked to Samsung tekwins tech support team and they don’t think it’s possible they tell me to use dvr files instead but the police will find it difficult to view dvr files. I know I can’t only through smart viewer2.any ideas?

Hi guys,…Wonder if anyone can help.one of my sites has 3x Samsung shr-5162 dvr’s the staff access them via a p.c on its own little network…the problem is that when they backup images to cd or p.c the time and date are missing, apparently this is normal when using avi files. I was wondering if there was a way of getting the time and date on to the avi file? I have talked to Samsung tekwins tech support team and they don’t think it’s possible they tell me to use dvr files instead but the police will find it difficult to view dvr files. I know I can’t only through smart viewer2.any ideas?

There's a free app called MediaInfo which can read the Tag info that is in the AVI files, assuming the backup process does not wipe that out. Maybe once you discover it you can add a little text file to go with the footage somehow?

http://www.eden-foundation.org/products/code/film_date_stamp/index.html