Kim

~POS Text Inserter~

Hi folks,

does anyone know who is the original maker of this text inserter?

Thanks.

Kim

Kim, this is a loaded question... I know that the original owners of American Video Equipment started this over 15 years ago and from there, many copied and modified the concept... But who actually started this goes back to IBM and others who produce POS equipment and they were the first to test text overlay on video...

Levon

Is there anyone else who does this that you recomend? I've sent dealers over to them and they have yet to not screw up an order.

Thomas, they have been fairly good and the deliver as long as they have them in stock. At the present moment, the only item we purchase are their PIP or video splitters and nothing else...

We work directly with Bosch, GE and American Dynamics and work with their version of text overlay to video solutions... All I know is that AVE's original partners in the business were one of the few that actually started this process, which later were picked up by majors - i.e. one of their original equipment called POSEM was developed by them and sold through Sensormatic many years ago... Later Sensormatic changed it to Intelleview and wrote their own software and their own parsers... Bosch have their version of the softwar and so does GE...

Levon

They have screwed up every order I've ever dealt with them on. The types of errors are as follows:

Wrong Cables Shipped.

Tech Support telling the dealer the wrong cables.

Ship dates missed.

Shipping types screwed up

Multiple times for each of these.

Tom, here is a name that you can call... If there are these many problems, call Alex, the president of the company and I am sure he will not be happy to hear this, but you can give him the chance to fix his company's problems.... Here is their phone number (281) 443-2300...

We did not have any issues like this, but again that does not mean anything if you have. Therefore, you call him yourself and give him piece of your mind... I know I will if I were in your shoes!

Levon

Hi Levon, do you know the cost of this device? Who else makes this text inserter besides AVE?

Thanks.

Kim