DataAve

Bosch LTC 1462/21

Data, this is the FlexiDome XT series model and it comes with "NightSense" feature... However, FlexiDome I and II series do not have this feature... rather come in B&W and color variations...

Here is the url for spec sheet for FlexiDome XT series: http://www.boschsecurity.us/pdf/EN/LTC%20136x%20Series%5F%20LTC%20146x%20Series%2Epdf

Here is the url for spec sheet for FlexiDome I and II series: http://www.boschsecurity.us/pdf/EN/Flexidome%20I%20and%20II%5Fen%2Eqxd%2Epdf

Hope this helps.

Levon

Night Sense, is that just a digital day night feature, or true day night with mechanical cut filter, or is it just low light color? Couldnt really figure it out from the specs.

If you read carefully, first of all it is a 540TVL color camera. With this feature on, it is trying to match up with day night, but it is not, as its specs show it to be higher res color and lower light capable...

The XT series is not a true day/night camera, rather with digital filters, trying to operate as such. If you were test it with Pano's CW-474 counterpart, it will fall short... But then again, price points are not the same, so it is not a fair comperison... If it is being compare to Pano's high res color mini-dome series (200 series), then it does kick where it hurts the most - Performance.. It is also close to performance of the comparible equipment from Sanyo and Ganz...

Levon

Okay I see now. Is it then similar to GE's Exview Color cameras, which switch to a BW mode also, digitally ..?

Rory, kind of - sort of... I do not particulary like the GE's ExView series... A lot of hype and least amount of substance... and with high pricing.....

Levon

I liked their KTC-840CE as a color camera, have them installed in severa retail stores here, real crisp and look neat, but the mono mode is not that great and dont see any need for that mode .... I have a color exview bullet in one of the same stores near the GE and you can tell the diff. I dont sell them any more though, when you can get the Ganz Wide Dyamic for the same price from Levon

Ok, fine...

ExView is a decent camera, but I think GE had to do something to compete with Bosch XT series... Not the same results, but GE is on the right track... They never had a good cameras anyway, as when they bought all the companies producing them, they inheret all the problems... Nowadays they are working on a newer technology cameras and they suppose to be better - do not know what it means, but I guess we will find out when we get one on hand...

Levon

Yeah but they had those Exview cameras from before bosch bought phillips (Kalatel days). I have a couple of the Kalatel Eviews in the field still, 5 years now. Bosch had to do something to compete with GE

But its time GE updates its cameras, its been the same since Kalatel, except for the Ultraviews which are pretty much crap anyway.

Anyway, extreme extreme extreme

oh yeah and some ganx and pani ..

They all come in similar options, the EX45 is a mini dome with fixed lens in case you need small, the 44 is a dual fixed lens, the rest are full sized with choice of VF lens.

I generally list the EX45, 46, and 47.

The main things are the part numbers at the end.

SX = Mono w/ Enhanced Infrared Response

CX = Wide Dynamic Low Light Color

MX = Day Night w/ Mech Filter (w/ Enhanced Infrared Response*)

*depends on the camera lens/model