MidwestSurveillance

Teltonika Telemarketer is Relentless

Just curious if anyone else is receiving repeated calls from a Lithuanian company called Teltonika. In the last month, we have received 5 calls from Irene at Teltonika, each time we have clearly stated we are not interested, and to stop calling. The last two calls, we have had to get uncomfortably stern as to get the point across. During those calls, Irene continues to laugh at our frustration and recently stated that in order for her to stop calling, we should buy their product, or become partners. Every call, her boss is conveniently not in the office.

The harassment is all over testing a wireless camera they offer. They do not have US Distribution. The camera doesnt have H.264 nor is it ONVIF compliant while boasting an amazing VGA resolution. The SD card slot is its only feature that is fairly new to the market. If you have spent more than a week in the IP Industry, you know this isnt anything special whatsoever.

Irene stated that the purpose of her calls was simply to conduct business. Maybe im wrong, but she is conducting business in an extremely poor manner.

Maybe tell them their calls are being recorded, and threaten with something (legal stuff? )

I know with Verizon as my wireless carrier, I can tell them to block numbers from being able to call/text me. You may want to look into that.

How about a social DDOS attack? Maybe give out their contact information to as many people that can flood them with bogus requests for information, hang on the line with them, and see how much of their time can be wasted?

Both excellent suggestions, especially the DDOS!!! I indeed told her I was recording the call, and that I was going to spread the word the best I can about their sales tactics. I guarantee that we will be getting a call this Friday. They are based out of Lithuania, so each call is long distance and calling them back to complain isnt worth the money. Its just a sign that a terrible product requires overly aggressive sales tactics, where quality products speak for themselves.

If only I can find a way to pump some hardcore gangster rap into our phone system for hold music.....ah..wait. Ill take Soundy's advice and practice my Tom Mabe skills on her.

Both excellent suggestions, especially the DDOS!!! I indeed told her I was recording the call, and that I was going to spread the word the best I can about their sales tactics. I guarantee that we will be getting a call this Friday. They are based out of Lithuania, so each call is long distance and calling them back to complain isnt worth the money. Its just a sign that a terrible product requires overly aggressive sales tactics, where quality products speak for themselves.

If only I can find a way to pump some hardcore gangster rap into our phone system for hold music.....ah..wait. Ill take Soundy's advice and practice my Tom Mabe skills on her.

Just take the call and set the phone on your desk of the hook till they hang up.

If the caller is from an international country wouldn't the recipient of the call have to pay the bill?

Maybe this is why they are calling. They want you to stay on the line.

Just take the call and set the phone on your desk of the hook till they hang up.

Do you have a messaging machine?

I have heard of people recording a special information tone on their message, so when computers (and people for that matter as well!) call in they think the line is disconencted!

Listen in:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cf/IC_SIT.ogg

Full page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_information_tones

Maybe record a new message with these tones played.

Of course this may not be workable if you get a lot of legitimate calls...

I do know the company Teltonika, I have two different GPS trackers I purchased from them about 3-4 months ago for testing (we currently sell GPS trackers from another manufacturer).

I have never spoken with Irene, and the person I have spoken with has not been hassle. I have still not gotten to fully test their products (lack of time, the two times I have tried, I have not succedeed), and I do get the ocasional call/email asking if I had time to check, if I need any help doing it, etc, but nothing that bothers me.

The guy I speak with has never even brought up the subject of their cameras, but I would not have been interested on even trying them.

The best way to deal with persistent telemarketers is to say hold on Ill just get the boss and place the phone on the desk, making sure they can hear everything goingon in the office. Do that a couple of times she'll get fed up. Time eis money to telemarketers.

Or if yo have someone in the office that speaks either Cheyenne, Navaho or c Chinese or even a Spanish speaker, let them talk to her for 10 minutes if she is that patient.

I worked for the summer as a telemarketer many years ago and the best response I had was they put the phone out of the window, all I could hear was traffic noise and wind. I realized I took their number off the database, but that was strange.

This year I was tempted to have some Chinese food at one of the stalls at IFSEC. BIG MISTAKE I get regular emails and special offers from a company called SUNIVISION and not only that, I get emails from 6 different sales people on the same promotion. I was so clogged up with emails from them that I created an email rule to delete any emails from them. I didn't show any interest in their products at all.

I also made the mistake of ordering business cards from Vistaprint, oh boy what a mistake. Products not too bad, aftersales attention horrendous. Eventually I wrote them and stated that if I wanted a nagging wife I would have stayed married e something to that effect, a little humour but to the point..

The easy fix is to request an in-office demonstration to compare it to other products, tell them it's the only way you'll consider their product line.

Chances are they won't fly to the midwest to do it, and if they do just send them to a vacant field a few states over... or postpone their trip at the last minute a few times until they give up.