Eric the Poor

Hidden camera's from a 2nd floor flat.

Some naughty SCROTE... Has taken a liking to my car.

I live on the 2nd floor in a flat, Fitting outside camera's is not really an option.

It/they would be a target, It is not a nice area.

I did have the idea of fitting them in the loft which i have access to, But access to the

soffits from above is virtually nil.

I have bought a couple of old B/W camera's approx 2.5 inches square and 6 inches long,

Pointed them out the window at night and they seem to be ideal. Decent quality picture

and niced and bright without needing LED's.

So the loft/soffit board is on the back burner, So i am thinking i need to have them in a window.

But howto hide them so they are not visible from outside?

Car is parked below my windows with only a patch of grass between it and the building.

Wall opposite which the scrotes climb on top of.

UK based if that makes any difference? Also the property is rented so i cannot go around

drilling holes everywhere.

Thank you in advance.

Some naughty SCROTE... Has taken a liking to my car.

I live on the 2nd floor in a flat, Fitting outside camera's is not really an option.

It/they would be a target, It is not a nice area.

I did have the idea of fitting them in the loft which i have access to, But access to the

soffits from above is virtually nil.

I have bought a couple of old B/W camera's approx 2.5 inches square and 6 inches long,

Pointed them out the window at night and they seem to be ideal. Decent quality picture

and niced and bright without needing LED's.

So the loft/soffit board is on the back burner, So i am thinking i need to have them in a window.

But howto hide them so they are not visible from outside?

Car is parked below my windows with only a patch of grass between it and the building.

Wall opposite which the scrotes climb on top of.

UK based if that makes any difference? Also the property is rented so i cannot go around

drilling holes everywhere.

Thank you in advance.

I can think of a dozen ways to make a camera in a window hidden in plain sight. For starters, just a miniblind may be sufficient. Keep in mind that for somebody to see the camera, they need to be looking for it, and the lighting has to be enough so they can see it.

Of course some sort of window tint film, though it may look ugly, would make the camera invisible. You could get a decorative fake hanging potted plant with a dark colored pot, and mount the camera inside.

Thanks, I did think about window tint, But only seemed to find car stuff or one way mirror tint.

Miniblind maybe the way to go.

Lighting has to be enough for them to see it?

Not a clue where to start here? Need to make it dark inside or make the camera dark?

Any tips.

Many Thanks.

Bit more info for you.

Camera's are Panasonic WV-BP130/B

F1.3 TV Lens, (Manual focus and aperature rings?)

Tested with a SWANN 4 channel USB DVR, But looking to buy a storage options 8 channel

DVR with 2TB HDD or similar. Do these have de-interlace options? I noticed the picture had

lines when movement was detected, De-interlace removed them.

Am i allowed to put links? Here is the cams specs or not if its not allowed.

http://www.norbain.co.uk/downloads/others/WV-BP130_spec.pdf

They mean little to me. I pointed the cam down at my car at night and the picture was clear

enough to read the numberplate.

Are there any small budget camera's that will work better than the BP130 without adding

lighting?

I have read posts where its been advised to avoid maplins but i had a look and they all seemed

to have infra-red lighting. Asked about genuine low light cameras and was told £££ mate.

Hope your all enjoying the holidays. Please think of me any help gratefully received.

Thanks.

A camera from the eaves will only give you a great picture of the top of people's heads.

There are some very good low light bullet cameras (and I do mean bullet).

They do need some light but give a great picture in low light. They can be stuffed in the mouth of a soft toy, teddybear placed in the window. The only drawback is making them stay still in the right position. I have used this one a few times but have never mastered a foolproof way to keep them from moving. It is important that the light in the room remain off or all you will get is a reflection of that light.

Here we see a real bullet camera, In the UK try RF Concepts for a good selection. If you need advice ask for Billy.

19b1-1.jpg

or of course you could get a board camera, they have the same exact parts inside

they are most often used in hidden applications

Note that highly zoomed in lenses only uses the very middle part sometimes. You can sometimes peek them over the sill of the window.

You could also use a pinhole lens, but tend to lose a lot of the light sensitivity at night

Or buy a longpass filter (looks like black plastic) passes IR but blocks visible light (costs maybe 10-20 look at Edmunds). Since you are using B&W cams you will still get a picture during the day.

Good luck

Could even take out the IR cut filter all together .. ive done that before and well daytime sucks as far as the colors go .. but nightime is awesome ..

Ofcourse if its a bullet cam or such its going to be permanent as whether its a glass filter glued to the chip or the paper type on the ICR ... still gonna break it. Box cam you probably could just detach it safely.

The small bullet camera's look good. Wonder how they compare in the low light conditions to the ones

I already have.

Certainly gives more options for concealing them.

Peeping over the window ledge wont really work in this situation, As the car is parked below the window

so the camera needs to be pointing down at a fairly steep angle. Probably only 8 feet from the building.

Been playing around and it seems the ideal position is in the bedroom, Gives the widest view of the

car and its surroundings. Less issues from light sources also.

Not sure about having blinds in the bedroom. But if thats the only way to conceal a camera then it doesn't

really leave me with much choice.

I had a look from outside and to me the everything inside the window appears very visible during the day.

Currently we have nets and having a camera poking through them is so obvious I may as well put a neon

Any suggestions?

Again, Many Thanks.

I would try just outside the window on the wall adjacent to the window. A small camera with low light capability might not be noticed. If it's the same person by now they would be looking to see the coast is clear but not looking for a camera.

hey have some level of confidence and are too stupid to think you'd get a camera in spite of prior damage.

A small bullet camera with suitable lens and light sensitivity would work quite well. As I said call RF Concepts and have a word with billy he know his stock and what to recommend. Good hunting.

If the lens is small enough like a fixed board lens of a bullet or board camera, you could use some dark screen used for windows, they use them in some hidden cameras to help conceal the internal parts.

Any suggestions?

With board cameras you normally wont get anything as sensitive as a box camera like the Panasonic, unless you get a BW only camera. Even the day night ones will just be minimal and would be digital day night such as used with Color IR cameras. For low light apps using mini bullets or board cams we typically just use the KT&C BW cameras now, the lower res model sees more in low light than the 600TVL models so we tend to use those more, eg. in the clubs, same goes for the exview models.

I would keep the bullets for outdoors or areas where they need to be weatherproof. The board cameras are the same exact camera but you can make your own housing, hide them, whatever you want with them.

Nice puddle of non drying paint might be nice there.

Tried the panasonic cam on the window sill, With the net curtain still in place.

Surprisingly the image is quite good. Its fairly dark now and not too bad.

Got wires trailing the house though and a laptop recording but only 10GB free

so not sure how long that will last.

Quality in the software is only 352 i think not 700ish.

Maybe an option. Proabably get a board cam to see how that fares.

I know someone else already said it, But I'll re say it.

If you are able to hang a flower pot, Outside the window...

Cut/drill a hole the size of the lens and stick the camera in the flower pot.

Sure, you'll have a wire going to the flower pot, but you could run it along the wire hanger....

And yeah, You would be surprised. I thought my bullet cameras, size of half a brick but no one see them. Even when their infront of someones face.

And to the other guy who posted those pics. Why don't you get some paint and paint them the

same color as the brick? Some brick color paint would really make them less noticeable.

you'd be surprised how many people don't see cameras!

6qoWn-1.png

iQJHJ-1.png

these cameras are hardly discreet either!

315824_2540779368871_1535303771_3215925_-1.jpg

just looking at the two guys who are trying to climb the wall, they weren't looking to rob you, they thought it was the USA/mexican border fence....

razor wire, good idea, i was in cancun for vacation one year, they have walls around their homes, and they use broken glass, like bottles, tiles and dishes embedded into mortar to stop bad guys from jumping their walls...

Yeah plenty people have broken glass on their walls here too.

Either its because its cheaper, or more cosmetic than razor wire.

Most businesses dont care, they throw down rolls of razor wire everywhere, its kind of dangerous.

I think razor wire is illegal over here.

Dam do gooder's....

Get convicted too many times and they get bored of smacking you on the wrist saying naughty

boy. They send you on a 2 week holiday with your own room, Nice food cooked for you.

As many games and gadgets as your human rights say you need. Which includes huge flat screen

TV's and games consoles.

And the incentive not to be naughty is?

I would love to live in the US, Someone breaks into my house they wont break into anyone elses.

you'd be surprised how many people don't see cameras!

6qoWn-1.png

iQJHJ-1.png

these cameras are hardly discreet either!

315824_2540779368871_1535303771_3215925_-1.jpg

just looking at the two guys who are trying to climb the wall, they weren't looking to rob you, they thought it was the USA/mexican border fence....