bpzle

Tablets

I'm in the market for a tablet pc...

I'm comparing ipad, sony tablet s, xoom, and samsung galaxy tab, and others. Anyone have any recommendations?

pdf viewer for manuals/ blue prints. web browsing, movies, word processing, emails, dropbox, cctv demos, note taking, lots of stuff... i'm mobile quite a bit so would like to be able to tether to my samsung epic 4g when necessary

Sounds like to want a laptop

lol ya i take my 11" laptop everywhere... but it sure would be nice to not have to wait on it to power up or wake up out of sleep mode every time i need it

thanks for recommendations. i really wanted a tablet for portability, ease of use. i narrowed it down to the asus transformer and sony s. after watching this:

i ordered the sony. we'll see how she does

Sounds like to want a laptop

lol ya i take my 11" laptop everywhere... but it sure would be nice to not have to wait on it to power up or wake up out of sleep mode every time i need it

my windows netbook boot up in 10 seconds from power on, sleep mode is near instant, its lighter than an iPad and has a real desktop OS. However, battery life ofcourse is less, but thats because I actually run real software and do useful things on it

I'm actually going to come down on the side of a laptop because there is so much more that you can do with it.

That said, I also have a Toshiba Thrive tablet and I love it. One of my co-workers also has one, and he will not stop raving about it. So that's my recommendation.

Guys, I have a brand new laptop. That's not going away.

There's no argument there is no substitute for a full blown computer. Especially in the IT and CCTV world.

However for handheld, casual everyday use tablets are money. I have a feeling my laptop will hardly every be used anymore.