able1

The Latest IP Challenge

I am looking at a camera project that will involve the following.

Large warehouse processing building with large cooler @ 37F degrees. I would like to use IP Cameras and would prefer that they be the same model to keep thing set up simple. The cameras would be installed both outside (North East US) and inside. A couple of the cameras would be installed in the cooler as well with a constant 37F +or- a couple of degrees. Would like 1.3 to 2 mega-pixel IP cameras. Varifocal lens 3.6-?12?mm IR maybe but so far not required. PoE would be desireable.

Is there such a camera on the market that anyone would like to recommend I investigate??

Thanks in advance.

Les

Thanks for the responses from danger_e and Soundly. I am looking at the OpenEye 715i or 715Ai cameras that danger_e had suggested. I especially like the feature that is listed of the zoom, focus, and iris control can be done over the web interface.

But I have a question concerning this feature. How effective is it. Will I have full control as if I was at the camera or are there some limitations??

If I understand the process correctly I would have included with the camera a CD with software for setup or the camera has a Web Interface built in that I would access via IE browser??

Is it true that I would not have this same control from NVR recording software??

Lastly, I did not see any notation as to how many video streams are available for multiviews?? If only one this may be a deal breaker so I really need to know the answer to this.

Other than the above I believe that the camera will meet my need. I just need to convince the customer that this is the best way to go.

Thanks for any additional insight.

Les