Sign in to follow this  
Fiona

Panasonic WV-CL920 WV-CL924 WV-CL930 WVCL934 Anyone use 'em?

I have acquired a Panasonic WV-CL924 and am wondering if it is worth chasing down a lens.

This camera series is used in the US and in the UK.

Question: Have any of the pros had any experience with them? They are supposed to be quite good low lux cameras.

As a footnote, the build quality of this camera is superb. The PCBs are engineered into the steel camera body which acts like a mini-chassis - a lovely piece of work.

I've got a couple of 924s from back in the day, and they're good, especially in low light. Best bet for lenses is to watch ebay for inexpensive 1/2" varifocal lenses with 1.2 fstop, as you can get some excellent deals if you're not in a hurry. Search for good name brands, like computar, cosmicar, pentax, fujinon, and avoid the modern cheap Chinese gear.

Hi Fiona. I don't have one of these, but from the spec sheet, it looks like a very nice camera. Definitely track down a lens.

I'd be interested to hear how it compares against the WV-CP484 if you were able to compare performance. The '924 has better low light performance, at least on paper. I have one of the '484s, and am very happy with it at low light (and the automatic back focus is nice).

Thanks for that. I have been meaning to pull it apart again and take some photos of the internals this time and post them on the forum. I did notice that Panasonic was selling these older beauties as Recertified which I guess shows their confidence in that camera. The newer 930s and 934s also look amazing too.