wirefox

Arecont 8185DN won't keep ip address at first setup

Hello, I am trying to set up an AV8185DN.

Using the AV100 and the web browser config I cannot get the camera to keep the IP Address I am giving it.

It takes and saves the default gateway but it will not accept the IP address.

It keeps giving it a 192.168.xx address regardless of how I try to change it.

I have DHCP unchecked.

The other odd thing is whatever password I give it , it always comes out "wrong" and I would restore the camera back to factory default. SO I leave it blank. What the heck?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hello, I am trying to set up an AV8185DN.

Using the AV100 and the web browser config I cannot get the camera to keep the IP Address I am giving it.

It takes and saves the default gateway but it will not accept the IP address.

It keeps giving it a 192.168.xx address regardless of how I try to change it.

I have DHCP unchecked.

The other odd thing is whatever password I give it , it always comes out "wrong" and I would restore the camera back to factory default. SO I leave it blank. What the heck?

It's been a while since I did this, but on my AV1310DN one of the web pages has a "save these settings and make them the defaults" checkbox which you have to check if you want the settings saved to the camera's FLASH. Since this checkbox was on a separate page from the other settings I was using, I didn't notice it at first; could this be your problem, as well?

There's a button or check box in the programming software which says "Lock IP" or something to this effect (don't have it on my PC at the moment). This should hopefully lock in the IP.

My biggest issue with Arecont's though have been entire sites full of cameras seem to randomly "forget" their assigned IP. Arecont claims it's not possible.

There's a button or check box in the programming software which says "Lock IP" or something to this effect (don't have it on my PC at the moment). This should hopefully lock in the IP.

My biggest issue with Arecont's though have been entire sites full of cameras seem to randomly "forget" their assigned IP. Arecont claims it's not possible.

I had an Arecont AV5105DN turn itself into a 3105(according to it's web interface, and the AV100 S/W). It happened when I put it in place of a defective existing 3105, and connected to it with Milestone Enterprise, it changed itself into a 3105 (no working images from the camera, just a scrambled mess). Arecont claimed that wasn't possible, either....