ljarrald

opposition of CCTV

The only people with anything to fear from cameras, are those who are up to no good.

How many of those residents would be asking the police for help if their shop/business/home was broken into? What if that camera recorded the offender?

Its playing the race card for the sake of playing it. If the muslim community policed itself like they want us to believe they do, there would be no reason for them to feel "targetted" would there. There is no wonder the rest of the world laugh at the UK. We breed terrorists within our own borders, and then we cant take measures to police them. We daren't even deport convicted terrorists for fear they will use human rights legislation against us to allow them to stay. We just keep on supporting them. We really are a laughable nation when it comes to dealing with crime in our own borders.

The only people with anything to fear from cameras, are those who are up to no good.

How many of those residents would be asking the police for help if their shop/business/home was broken into? What if that camera recorded the offender?

Its playing the race card for the sake of playing it. If the muslim community policed itself like they want us to believe they do, there would be no reason for them to feel "targetted" would there. There is no wonder the rest of the world laugh at the UK. We breed terrorists within our own borders, and then we cant take measures to police them. We daren't even deport convicted terrorists for fear they will use human rights legislation against us to allow them to stay. We just keep on supporting them. We really are a laughable nation when it comes to dealing with crime in our own borders.

someone said this...

"if they want to reduce crime they should put more officers on the street. there are NONE around here. cctv doesn't prevent crimes happening. it just helps find who did it"

i pretty much second that.

in my area where i live the police force is pretty much non existent (it was the same before all the cuts) i would very much welcome one or two PCSOs or police officers walking up and down the roads and park at peak crime times.

cameras DO prevent some crimes. but not very many. all that will end up happening is all the 'bad men' will end up wearing full face masks all the time which just makes the public feel more intimidated.

England is looking like the middle east these days.

someone said this...

"if they want to reduce crime they should put more officers on the street. there are NONE around here. cctv doesn't prevent crimes happening. it just helps find who did it"

i pretty much second that.

in my area where i live the police force is pretty much non existent (it was the same before all the cuts) i would very much welcome one or two PCSOs or police officers walking up and down the roads and park at peak crime times.

cameras DO prevent some crimes. but not very many. all that will end up happening is all the 'bad men' will end up wearing full face masks all the time which just makes the public feel more intimidated.

Bad men dont wear masks, they think they are tough, they dont care about going to jail.

The jails and prisons there need to get tougher, its like a 5 star hotel compared to the prison here.

But even here the bad men/women dont care .. they are used to living in such filthy and violent 3rd world conditions.

If we werent hemoraging money on benefits, including to those who claim assylum after being convicted of terror offenses, we may have enough money to pay for more police officers.

Good old out of touch house of lords have just voted down a bill that wanted to see an introduction of a cap on benefits (welfare) to £26,000 ($41000) per year. Apparently this would have affected over 40,000 families in the UK. 40,000 families receiving over £26,000 per year in benefits. And full time minimum wage is under £12,000 - where exactly is the incentive to work.

What exactly is their argument against the cameras? If they arent breaking the law or planning to break the law - where is the problem?

If we werent hemoraging money on benefits, including to those who claim assylum after being convicted of terror offenses, we may have enough money to pay for more police officers.

Good old out of touch house of lords have just voted down a bill that wanted to see an introduction of a cap on benefits (welfare) to £26,000 ($41000) per year. Apparently this would have affected over 40,000 families in the UK. 40,000 families receiving over £26,000 per year in benefits. And full time minimum wage is under £12,000 - where exactly is the incentive to work.

exactly. my mum was made redundant in 2010 because the company she worked for 'went bust' she was offered another job but she would of been worse off because she would of had to pay for after school care for my brother and she would be getting paid quite little.

she has finally got another job now but still... its stupid.

What exactly is their argument against the cameras? If they arent breaking the law or planning to break the law - where is the problem?

maybe they don't like being watched?

Then they shouldn't be doing what they are doing which makes them unhappy at being seen doing whatever it is they are doing

And full time minimum wage is under £12,000

Wow thats like $365 a week.

I think minimum wage here is under $200 a week.

Although you guys do get taxed to high heaven ..

Then they shouldn't be doing what they are doing which makes them unhappy at being seen doing whatever it is they are doing

i don't like being watched and i am a law abiding citizen.

i don't really like anything about living in a city to be honest. my house on a hill awaits...

i don't really like anything about living in a city to be honest. my house on a hill awaits...

If I was in the UK I think I would be living on a farm riding horses and eating scones with devonshire clotted cream, and ofcourse eating bangers and mash

If I was in the UK I think I would be living on a farm riding horses and eating scones with devonshire clotted cream, and ofcourse eating bangers and mash

that's pretty much what i aim to do (apart from the scones and bangers and mash bit) but i am only 15 at the moment so have to make do with the city.

if i was in the US i'd probably just eat burgers all day

I love british food

grew up on it ..

I love english food

grew up on it ..

same... and Chinese. Indian and others

"If you aren't doing anything wrong you shouldn't care" is a crappy cop out to taking away peoples privacy.

Guess you're OK with someone tapping all of your phones, reading all your email, evaluating everything you do on your computer, tracking you via GPS locators, etc. as some giant sick voyeur show. I mean, you're not doing anything illegal after all so why should it matter? These are the issues we're dealing with in the US and which thankfully are systematically being struck down... but every single one has been a fight.

"If you aren't doing anything wrong you shouldn't care" is a crappy cop out to taking away peoples privacy.

Guess you're OK with someone tapping all of your phones, reading all your email, evaluating everything you do on your computer, tracking you via GPS locators, etc. as some giant sick voyeur show. I mean, you're not doing anything illegal after all so why should it matter? These are the issues we're dealing with in the US and which thankfully are systematically being struck down... but every single one has been a fight.

There is a big difference between invading somoenes privacy by listening to private conversations or intercepting private written mail and videoing them when they are in a public place

If somebody is in a public place, then they cant claim "privacy" as they have removed themselves from a private home environment. If the cameras were sited in public places but looking onto private property, then certainly there would be a claim to privacy. I would expect anyone who has direct line of sight of a camera from their private property can expect to have their home/window/driveway blanked from view on the camera. Just as my CCTV will require privacy zones configured so that I can not view a neighbours property or windows, I would expect the local authorities to ensure their cameras only capture images from public property/areas.

There is no right to nor can you claim invasion of privacy if you are in a public place.

Unless of course we all wear burka's and then it wont matter a jot anyway

i have decided to buy a few morph suites and wear them under my clothes in public to keep my privacy safe

178493_1.jpg

i have decided to buy a few morph suites and wear them under my clothes in public to keep my privacy safe

178493_1.jpg

Ooooh, so that's what these guys are actually up to:

178493_2.jpg

178493_3.jpg

Sure why not, what do you have to hide?

So when you have a crap do you close the door ? I bet you do & it makes me wonder what you have to hide ?

So when you have a crap do you close the door ? I bet you do & it makes me wonder what you have to hide ?

No I crap outside in the bush, why, dont you??

You miss the point. It doesn't matter where you crap. There are some things you don't want or need an audience for. It doesn't mean that it is illegal or you have anything to hide. You may be comfortable being scrutinised but that doesn't mean you set the standards that others should be comfortable with.

You miss the point. It doesn't matter where you crap. There are some things you don't want or need an audience for. It doesn't mean that it is illegal or you have anything to hide. You may be comfortable being scrutinised but that doesn't mean you set the standards that others should be comfortable with.

Guess I dont get it, thought going out in public, was the opposite of being in private?