knighty

which software to use ?

my current system is

2 x RX7000 cards, 18 channels each 200fps each (iirc)

core2duo at 3.3Ghz

4gig ram

5tb hard drive space

only have 4 cameras connected right now, 4 more to be added soon

I don't like the iDVR software much at all....

playback isn't great, and it lags when streaming over the net.... after 5min of viewing the cameras can be running a couple of min behind... and out of sync with each other.... remote playback of recorded footage is no good at all, it won;t let me skim through the recording, I have to watch each hour from the start (can't jump to middle)

I had a different dvr system before this with the diginet software, it was a bit buggy, and the save files for the cctv footage were massive.... but wan playback was ok and I liked that it could be set to search through the recorded footage and run motion detect on it, saving my having to skim hours of footage

can anyone recommend me any better software ? (I'll buy new dvr cards if i have to)

I've been reading over the forum for about 3 hours now but haven't found what I need....

maybe there should be a thread of software reviews/features to go along with the GUI screen shots ?

I'd really like a recommendation from someone before I go and buy anything.... had a good google but it's hard to tell what's good and what isn't.... I don;t want to have to keep buying new software/cards just to find the right software for me !!!

thanks

Alan.