DataAve

Curious

If I have a slip stream version of XP (SP2 Slip Stream) can I install it legally? Meaning, it is stripped down to the bare bones. I own a few valid WinXP Pro Licenses.

Data, what or who are you afraid of anyway? You think Gates & Company will come after you? Hell with him and his company and the products they offer... You have the right to do whatever you want...

Linux for anyone? Free, stable and it works! Well, not if you need active X, IE or all the headackes that it comes with....

Now using FreeBSD version of their latest GUI. It does seem work faster and it is more stable than Linux. I am running all the apps available in Linux. The only gutcha is that it is not easy to install apps at the moment... Nothing like YAST from Suse that is a life saver...

Levon

Whats the programming language on Linux, for making apps, like how we use VB etc on windows ... or is it built into the OS?

Very much the same as for shmindows except you have to be much more organized than ever (must make sure that you adhere to all applicable dependencies), otherwise it will not work...

I know one of our engineers used C++ to right a code for an application (parsing) to interface OSCommerce (linux version) to UPS software (charts, shipment status, etc operating on Windows, but running in WINE) to our accounting software (operating on Windows, but running in WINE) and to SQL (linux version) for data mining.. All these apps are running on FreeBSD's latest platform.... The whole package with all these apps work as one and it is very secure and stable...

Levon

Yes, you can do a slipstreamed verison of windows legally. Make sure your licences are legit and you're good.

Thomas is correct. If you own legit licenses, you can install a Slipstreamed XP without a legal problem. Network technicians do it all the time.

Think about it this way, if you have to build 50 computers at once for a corporate, system-wide upgrade, you would take 1 computer and get it EXACTLY the way you want it, then ghost it onto the remaining 49 computers, changing each computer's license only to maintain legality.

What you are doing is no different.

There was some software I used a couple years back, lets you set up a PC then create an EXE from it ... anyone know the name of this please? Not Nortons Ghost please, this was easier Thing it began with the letter "A". Also it would let you do network setups etc.