toysareforboys

Vivotek IP8362 or Messoa NCR875PRO or others?

I'm looking for an outdoor h264 IP Day/Night/IR cut camera with HDR that can do at least 720p at 30FPS and has a hFOV of 90 degrees or over, for under $700. Open to box cameras if I could do a camera, lens and IP67 enclosure for under the $700.

So far I've found the Vivotek IP8362 and I've been trying to find a source that ships to Canada for a Messoa NCR875PRO (or NCR875PROH, c'mon, only good to -10c? yikes!).

Are there other options I should be considering? Know any places to get crazy deals on either of the above cameras (that ships to Canada)?

Thank you for any help or information you can provide

-Jamie M.

Edited by Guest

I'm no expert, but I have a couple of Vivotek IP8332s and a Messoa NCR875, and I'd take a Vivotek over the Messoa any day. The Vivotek firmware and functionality has been much better than the Messoa. They work with the various packages I've tried, both as native cams and ONVIF, while the Messoa has required a lot of fiddling and tweaking, but still doesn't work as well. The Messoa h.264 video in Blue Iris is a mess, though it looks good from VLC.

I haven't had the Messoa very long, but it's been much more frustrating so far. Also, the Pro may have some improvements over the non-Pro.

Thank you for your honest comments I've received really good communication (and a smokin price) from 4XEM on the Vivotek IP8362 (sorry, must have been looking at something else when I typed the title, IP6312? lol) so I think I'm going to go that route too. All in one solution good to -20c and has a 113.7 degree hFOV!!

I LOVE VLC!!! Woot I've used it to do all kinds of live streaming (anything that doesn't require low latency), DVR type recording, I love how it can take a non-standard super crappy H264 stream and output straight flash compatible h264 that BS Player and Flowplayer love!!

Why would anyone go to a CCTV/Security site and "click here for demo" only to be told "Only runs on I.E., must accept NON-SIGNED ACTIVEX plugin, needs Java, open some ports in your firewall, etc." LOL! I love when I show my customers, go to the web page, any browser, any computer, no firewall issues, BOOM! Live video, full screen, in a window, split screen, live DVR rewind, flawless television quality smooth. Love love love flash

I just signed up with Teksavvy here near Toronto, Ontario and got a 25mbps download and 7mbps upload package for $68/mo! It will be the first time in history I've had something faster than 1mbps for upload, NO MORE 640x480 stream for me baby!

When I get it working with http://www.youtube.com/live I'll post the demo link here for some "load testing", but I'm sure youtube can handle sharing the live stream without an issue.

I have a friend using software called Xsplit instead of VLC for his live streams, and damn that software looks impressive! Way easier than VLC

Can't wait

-Jamie M.