Sign in to follow this  
irishkc_1

residential video

hello all, I do high end surveillance for financial institutions. One of my customers is a recent widow and she's looking for a god residential system. Now i could sell her a Ganz 4 channel dvr and some outdoor Pelco IR cameras, but i like the lady and seeing that I've never installed a residential system am looking for advice from those who have. Any suggestions?

There are fairly constant enquiries about residential/home security systems. Home surveillance systems are most often installed to alleviate crime. As a first step, it is important to establish the particular expectations and objectives a client has in mind. These expectations might presuppose a deterrent value on top of the question of captured image clarity. The problem of night or low-light image quality needs to be resolved as a particularly contentious issue. Specific threats may need to be addressed which might be elicited from the client such as the identification of visitors or the recording of number plates. Older clients may appreciate uncomplicated DVRs. The specific needs will then determine the type, quality, installation position and number of cameras required. Once they have been determined, questions about power supply and DVR may appear obvious.

hello all, I do high end surveillance for financial institutions. One of my customers is a recent widow and she's looking for a god residential system. Now i could sell her a Ganz 4 channel dvr and some outdoor Pelco IR cameras, but i like the lady and seeing that I've never installed a residential system am looking for advice from those who have. Any suggestions?

Only use IR if you absolutely need to.

If they have light some low light cameras or TDN cameras without IR would suffice, and would draw less current. You can use regular color cameras but if they do not have low lux rating then you will need alot of visible light. Camera brands to look at for residential are CNB, KT&C, etc. There are obviously cheaper less known brands as well but you cannot always be sure of the quality or availability - sometimes you can luck out with them though. The type of camera will really depend on each camera location and the needs of the client.

Dahua DVRs are a decent less expensive brand of DVR loaded with features, they are rebranded under various names in the US and UK.