MagnumVP

Standalone NVR or Software Based

I've decided on two cameras. The Axis P3346-VE and Axis P3367-VE.

Now I was looking at the NUUO NVRMini 2, however it does NOT support the P3367-VE. It only supports the P3346-VE (they claim that the P3367-VE is too new and they don't have the SDK for it).

So with that said, what have other's used to support their cameras?

Are you sure they don't support the Axis P3367-VE? I haven't had much experience with NUUO but I know with most other NVR's there is simply one driver for all Axis cameras. Chances are it will work they just aren't able to confirm it yet. However if you are looking for an alternative to NUUO I would recommend and Exacq Start NVR, they definitely support the P3367-VE.

By the way, nice choice of cameras, I've used both those cameras before and they're really top notch.

Colin B

http://www.zeecure.com

I called them in regards and the current version does NOT support the P3367-VE. However, their new firmware coming out in March is suppose to support it, but nothing is for sure until it's officially released (what they told me on the phone).

Exacq Start NVR is who Axis recommended so I will give them a look as well. I'm NOT setup on Nuuo. As a matter of fact, when I call them for questions, I get hung up on or the person seems pissed that I'm calling.

I had a GREAT experience with Axis on the phone and emailed them numerous pictures of what I'm going to be monitoring and they recommended a few different camera. Just their customer service turned me towards them.

@cbodbyl " title="Applause" />

Thank you for the reference to Exacq for their products. The Nuuo NVRmini 2 was going to cost me $1000+. Their appliance is a bit more $$$, however since their software is based on per camera license it's only going to cost me $100 to monitor my cameras and install it on my current computer. Their iPhone app is free and their client app are also free.

In regards to the cameras. With your experience with the cameras, did they work really well at night? I'm more interested in their night capturing than anything else.

Unfortunately the higher the resolution the worse the low light capabilities, generally speaking. The 3346 will be better in low light than the 3367 but neither one is going to be great if the lightings bad. Look into getting some infrared lights, or preferably white lights if your neighborhood allows it. Hope that helps, I can't think of another megapixel camera that would be much better anyway.

Colin B

http://www.zeecure.com

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 3346 is .08 lux where the 3367 is .04. Doesn't less mean more sensitive?

If it doesn't work for me I could always add something like the IR Illuniators Axis T90A21 or install a motion triggered florescent floor light to really add some light to the area.