sydewinder99

GV1480PCI/GV1480A PCI-E on same PC

Need some advice:

Currently running Ver 8.3 with a 1480 PCI 16 channel card (ver 2.01) installed

Intel P4 Dual CPU E2200 2.20GHZ

ASUS PSGC-MX/1333 MOBO

1 gig ram

XP SP3

I've added a second card, GV1480A PCI-E 16 channel V3.1, from another PC, and would like to combine the two for 32 channels. I do understand that these PC specs maybe too slow for 32 cams, but can upgrade that, if I know this combination can work.

I installed the 1480A PCI-E. I booted the system up. It prompted for drivers, installed drivers and rebooted again, After the main system loaded and logging in, I only see the original 16 cams from the 1480 PCI card. Had one cam connected to Video 1 on PCI-E, what should have been Cam17

Questions:

Are the 2 card versions (2.01 and 3.1) not compatible? (I read somewhere, I couldn't use 2 gv1480 PCI cards together, but to use a 1480 PCI and a 1480A PCI-E)

Do I need to do a fresh install?

Upgrade from V8.3?

Or simply configure it somewhere?

Have 2 months of recorded data that I'd hate to lose, if I have to completely remove current version and install a newer version.

Anyway, would appreciate some insight and advice.

Thanks, Jay

Hey I was wondering about this also, I have a 1480 pci installed for several years, planned to have 32 camera dvr and have just purchased another 1480A Pci-express have not installed it yet but the manual says "V1.02 / V2.00 (and later) and Combo A Cards all support two-card mode, but the

combination of V1.02 / V2.00 (and later) and Combo A Cards does not support two-card

mode."

It that's the case I just bought a new card for nothing.