Supernaut

Newbie Home System

three pairs of 24AWG, you should only see 0.4V loss at the load.

3 pairs are needed? I would only have 1 pair free.

http://www.3xlogic.com - really nice systems: all systems are hybrid, and the NVR is the exact same system just minus the analog capture card. IP and analog cameras all in the same interface. It can also do motion-detection recording and analytics for any cameras, in the server - IP cameras don't have to have their own motion detection, like you see with some other NVRs (you CAN use theirs as well, but it's not required - always nice to have options).

Thanks, I have been researching these since you mentioned it. I signed up for an account at 3xLogic and waiting to hear back. Do you have a ballpark of what their Pro and DRX models go for? I would need a 16 channel.

Are there any particular IP cams you have had success with in using their hybrid?

I just was just asked to provide some pricing for a DVR upgrade. Usually when this happens I have a good shot at getting something good since they have the funding.

See, now I KNOW you're trolling - you know as well as anyone that you can't power 1.65A worth of cameras over a single 24AWG pair. Hell, you'd have trouble powering all that over a single 18/2. I also know we've discussed the VPS units around here before and you should be perfectly aware of what type of device they are. Stop confusing the OP with your trolling.

Thanks, I have been researching these since you mentioned it. I signed up for an account at 3xLogic and waiting to hear back. Do you have a ballpark of what their Pro and DRX models go for? I would need a 16 channel.

Don't have the exact numbers handy, but offhand I think the MSRP is between $3k-$4k depending on total framerate you want (60fps over 16 channels, right up to 960fps across 32 channels), how much drive space you want it shipped with, what form factor you choose (cube/tower/wall-mount/rack-mount), and what additional modules you enable.

Are there any particular IP cams you have had success with in using their hybrid?

It's worked with every camera I've tried on it... the only ones that have needed "massaging" to work properly are various Arecont models. Their list of supported cameras is extensive.

BTW, the "Pro" and "DRX" designations only refer to the type of capture device - "Pro" is a hardware-compression card (HIKvision, I think); DRX is a ComArt-based software compression card. With the hybrid, even with a 16-channel card, the software still supports up to 32 channels, allowing up to 16 additional IP cameras.

If you're going straight NVR, you don't need either; pricing would be different as well, as IP cameras are licensed per-camera, so you only need to purchase as many channels as you have cameras, and you're not paying for the capture card.

Exact numbers for different configurations would be questions for your sales rep...

See, now I KNOW you're trolling - you know as well as anyone that you can't power 1.65A worth of cameras over a single 24AWG pair. Hell, you'd have trouble powering all that over a single 18/2. I also know we've discussed the VPS units around here before and you should be perfectly aware of what type of device they are. Stop confusing the OP with your trolling.

Trolling? I asked a question.

Based on your answer I am better off running RG59 siamese.

Trolling? I asked a question.

You asked a BS question you already knew the answer to.

Based on your answer I am better off running RG59 siamese.

You do whatever makes you happy.

You asked a BS question you already knew the answer to.

So says you. I asked because nowhere in the specs does it mention the answer. It just says you can run 12VDC up to X amount of feet - seems the specs are total BS.

You do whatever makes you happy.

I will do whatever is the cheapest and easiest.

Thanks.