justaquestion

Video output standard mismatch?

EDIT: New question... I am getting an exception on my DVR from "Video output standard mismatch". Is this just a difference in resolution from my cam and DVR?

Hi everyone... I am writing to you because I just started a new R&D job with a company, and I will be playing a lot with DVR's, Networks, Cameras. I am still getting exposed to everything but have learned a lot over the last week playing with this stuff.

Using a Hikvision 9100 DVR, network, and IP cam, I am trying to make a switch that will activate the alarm on the DVR to start recording. I have the IP camera set up as analog right now, and the switch I made is activating my alarm system. My problem is that I can not for the life of me get the alarm to activate the recording. I don't know if maybe its the DVR's hardware or what.... The settings seem pretty straight forward but its not working.

Video is streaming, both on my DVR monitor, and over the network. Switch is hooked up to G and alarm input 1. When I trip the switch, the alarm goes off, warnings pop up on my screen... So I know that is working, it just won't record... I can only get a recording when I manually hit record, but I want it to record when the alarm activates. Iv been researching this for 2 work days, and can't figure it out!! Help me!!

Edited by Guest

Not familiar with this specific machine, but most of them will have a separate option for each camera to configure whether it records constantly, on motion, or on alarm input. Some may have this in a "schedule" section that allow you to set different record modes for different times and days.

Not familiar with this specific machine, but most of them will have a separate option for each camera to configure whether it records constantly, on motion, or on alarm input. Some may have this in a "schedule" section that allow you to set different record modes for different times and days.

Thanks soundy. I just figured it out about 2 hours ago and that was spot on. Works great now. Thanks again.

It's normal practice for a different question to get its own thread... in part, makes it easier for someone searching for info later.

Anyway, this sounds like it could be a result of plugging a PAL camera into an NTSC DVR, or vice-versa.