mike_va

How to set up a view area with Axis P1346 and use

...with VitaminD. Although I finally did add Axis camera station, I prefer running VitaminD for analytics around the house just to see what is going on and get email notifications of package delivery. And it is just so darn quick and easy to use. Can literally run through the whole day of events if I choose in under a minute. INSTANTLY plays back and jumps between clips.

I have a P1346, and although I could save direct to VitaminD at 1.3MP, I can also set up a limited resolution view window to run analytics on. The reason this is important is that once you get up to a certain number of cameras I start getting limited by the writes to the HD, even though the computer is coasting. This gets tougher as we add more HD cameras. Actually running an I7 and 12 channels ACS and 12 channels VitaminD it is still coasting. I could set up a raid and may do that some day, but this is pretty darn slick. ACS writes to a separate HD.

In this case I set up a view area called "2". Attached find the settings also for VitaminD.

I also want to publicly thank Axis for great support, they even made me a video (without me asking) for how to set up the view area!

1304071514_Picture6.png.9a0984b2f86c174f235746c36cdea2b0.png

601973550_Picture7.png.b45adcd9768159dec078f87d199441ee.png

192206475_Picture8.png.7ed2f59f2d888973cd0c41d5ce44e345.png

Curious what your total bandwidth is coming into your server is.

of a gigabit. VitaminD does MJPEG. ACS is doing a combination, and some audio streams. 21% processor Dell XPS8300 i7. Usually flatter than this but we were just moving some cameras around.

720080394_Picture9.png.237522576ca5c496f493e3b5fbf4de4e.png

100Mbps....... What speed hard drives are you using?

I have a 2TB on ACS, don't remember the speed. I think Axis rec'd 12 cams max per HD, which is where it is at. Some day I may split this to 2 drives. Reason being is I think ACS is not as snappy as it could be.

VitaminD running on the local hard drive, but thinking of setting up a RAID on windows, do you think this would improve things or have any suggestions?

I know VitaminD is pretty write intensive, however it plays back the clips instantly. In fact I can just hold down the arrow key and it races through clips playing them back at 3x speed.

Also that was running VNC. I just came down and got on the computer direct and it is at ~11.5%, so we could round and say 100Mbs.

I would be interested to know if your running 5400 to 7200 speed HDs and what manufacture.

The best I can do is say I think it was a Toshiba 2TB for ACS.