Tharma

GeoVision Centralized Monitoring System

Dear Freind

I had plan to build a Centralized Monitoring System with using the Geo Vision NVR and also implemet CMS to monitor the cameras and NVRs.

Note:The CMS will involve 12 NVRs and in will call 12 CCTV workstation to view in one point

I need kind help on suggestion on few items which high lighted on below:

1)The suitable network switch can use on CCTV enviroment

2)The encoder which use for convert the analogue camera to IP camera

Dear friend,if you have ideas or suggestion to use any product which can make the Centralized Monitoring more better,i more welcome on that.

Thanks

Rgs

Tharma

Since your running with Geovision kit already, use a Geovision Video server (They are little encoders), you won't have to purchase any licences with NVR if you use those.

The switch, well any half decent switch will do you really as long as it can do 100/1000mbps, I'd push for Cisco based kit (as you have more control but you need to know what your doing), but whatever floats your boat really.

If your looking for PoE switches to power your IP cams that's a different story though.

Also there is a lot more to think about with this kind of setup, It can be done, but if your looking at 12 NVR's with x amount of cameras per NVR your going to be using a fair amount of bandwidth. You really wanting to look at decent networking equipment and good cabling (Cat6 maybe 6a) If you use the right stuff, then you will thank yourself later!