CCTV NEWB

Day/Night Color IR Cam

Hi,

A few questions: I am looking for a D/N IR outdoor bullet that can cast the IR's pretty far. I have seen some 84 LED 1/3" Sony CCD cams with a fixed 6mm. Then I came across this Securetek 70 LED varifocal cam that is not priced too bad. Has anyone had any experience with this cam, or have any suggestions for a 70-84 LED cam? Aby thoughts on the varifocal vs. fixed? Also, any suggestions on sites that have low prices?

Your help is appreciated.

mechanical filter is the best way to go. IR? if you are looking at an "extreme" situation then you will need to go beyond the combo bullet and apply seperate technologies to suit your needs.

You need something in the Extreme Line of Cameras:

www.extremecctv.com - the EX82 is a Dual Day Night Camera with IR out to 100'+, or you can use a True Day Night camera with IR sensitivity, and add some IRs like the UF100, or even better the UF500 which will flood the area.

This is the EX82, notice how the Trees in the back ground of the 2 black cars can be seen, with the IR turned off, you cant see them at all, nor not much out there in the front yard as those little lights are just green decorative bulbs.

http://www.bahamassecurity.com/tmp/ex82Nghteg.avi

Full post here.

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2640

alot more than a bullet camera

actiually the EX80 is not worth it, unless you are shooting the camera towards smeone's window and dont want to glare them with IR. The EX82 is more suitable for 100' IR, and the ZX55 for even more IR.

Though Even the EX82 is really designed for 6mm-8mm, so if you need to flood an area (4mm or less) it is sometimes best to get one of their MX version of cameras and add a UF100 or a UF500. However with a EX82 if you position it correctly you can also flood the area with IR, somewhat, but it means having surrounding bush or walls to reflect the IR, as well as installing the entire camera at a fairly low height such as 7-8'.

Ive been able to come out with more than 100' of IR and somewhat flooded IR, with the EX82, but it has meant proper installation and then positioning in pitch dark conditions.

Looks cool. About how much are those? Also, do they have what that other guy was talking about (mechanical filter)? How do I tell if a camera has that? I am looking for a camera in the $200-$250 range.