Sign in to follow this  
jtetterton

GVI AR-6080 and AR-6160

Does anyone know if this is still available from another manufacturer? I've been googling and have seen reference to Samsung. Looks like a decent unit and I've seen prices on the 8ch on ebay for as low as $177. Is it too good to be true?

GVI Security videoPlus AR-6080 Main Features:

• 30fps per channel at CIF Resolution

60fps total recording at D1 Resolution

• H.264 compression

• Up to 8ch Analog Video Input

• Web based remote access

• Remote access through CMS

• Supports DDNS

• Compatible with autoIP™ iPhone application

• 8 channel audio input

• 3 relay output

• 500GB Storage

• Full HD Video Output

• Monitoring up to 1920x1080 resolution

• DVD-RW

Thanks,

Jason

I have an AR-6080, bought on a whim and not tested yet, and it looks like everything inside but the DVD is built by/for GVI, rather than them rebranding another OEM's gear. Amusingly, the thing is fairly huge, and is mostly empty inside, with a big external power brick. It could have been 1/4 the size with internal power and still have room to spare.

I'm guessing this is part of what put GVI out of business - switching to a business model of designing and building all their own gear in a very competitive market.

Probably wise to avoid them.

I have actually got an AR-6080 and I can get everything to work EXCEPT the tour part. The unit has RUN SEQUENCE and AUTO PAN, however neither of these options work. Does anyone have one of these units and have it working? Or would anyone know if there is somewhere to get the firmware upgrades?