Sign in to follow this  
SDM Group

IQEye or ACTi

Need to add to an existing system were we used Sanyo HD3500/3300. With these not being available anymore I am looking for a suitable alternative. Application is car dealer, outdoor, lightning is average at night. I would prefer to stick with the Sanyo if anyone has a source.

Thanks guys

IQEye to me is sort of overpriced for a China made camera. ACTi is probably the best from Taiwan and priced well.

Are you looking at IQEye because you need the NVR capability built into the camera? If so, Mobotix is a better camera overall than IQEye in the same price point.

Buellwinkle

Thanks for the reply, what I really need is an outdoor dome with varifical lens, good low light and between 1.3 or 2 MP for around $400-500.

Thanks

We are putting in OpenEye soon and they do well in low light, the cm-715ai. I'll let you know once they go in how well they do for us, From an installer I spoke to that works with a lot of cameras, they do very well in low light, even without the illuminators and he said the support is great. This specific model may be slightly above your range, but they make them without the illuminators, then they are in your price range.

The ACTi also do well. The TCM-7811 is their low light camera, 1.3MP, CCD. The TCM-7411 is slightly cheaper with a CMOS sensor. The only one in your specific price range would be their ACM series and I've had good luck with them, so the ACM-7411 would be it. All have varifocal lens.