zerocool

CCTV Setup Requirements

I need help to setup cctv cameras in my company from INSTALLATION point of view.

I am planning to install 5 IP Cameras & 8 Fixed Cameras at different locations.

From 5 IP Cameras, 3 Cameras are on distance of more than 100 meters while 2 are very near from my Ethernet Switch in Server Room.

From 8 Fixed Cameras, 5 are at on the distance of more than 100 meters while 3 are under 100 meters.

I am planning to install NVR for storage purpose.

Please guide about CABLES which cable will be best? Twisted Cable or Fibre Optic.

In case of twisted cable, they can connect directly with my switch but what about in fibre optic case? what i will need to setup with Fibre optic. My whole local network is based on CAT5.

From 5 IP Cameras, 3 Cameras are on distance of more than 100 meters while 2 are very near from my Ethernet Switch in Server Room.

You could use ethernet extenders for the farther cameras... or if some of them are closer to each other, you could put a second switch at some mid-point location, plug them all into that, and then link that switch into your main switch. Similar to this:

180589_1.gif

To simplify things, you could use a PoE switch for the midpoint so you don't need to power the cameras separately.

From 8 Fixed Cameras, 5 are at on the distance of more than 100 meters while 3 are under 100 meters.

I'd run Cat5e to these cameras as well and use baluns for the video. Passive baluns will let you easily run video 200-300m over Cat5e. If the cameras support 24VAC power, you can use three of the four pairs to run power over that distance as well.

I am planning to install NVR for storage purpose.

Since an NVR is a *Network* Video Recorder, you'll need analog-to-IP encoders to digitize your analog cameras for recording. Several manufacturers make eight-channel encoders.

So its means that specially FIBRE OPTICS is not neccesary. By using ethernet, image quality will not disturb.

Fiber would normally just be another way to carry an IP network... copper or glass will make no difference to the image quality, it's all just digital data.

Either way, I'd just have the analog cameras running directly back to the head end using Cat5 and baluns, then plug them all into the encoder there.

Love the screen name BTW. Best movie ever!

?

crash override!

ACID BURN

CRASH AND BURN!

a balun is a little transformer you stick on each end of the cable which will let you run analog cameras over cat5e cable, eliminating the need to pull coax. this way you can keep your whole network still cat5, cheaper cable, easier to manage, only one type on site, and future proof for if you want to swap out the analog cameras with IP cameras some day, you'll already have the cat5 there.

fiber also isn't needed, you can actually get little devices which extend the range of ethernet for cctv cameras, or as already suggested, try adding a switch in the middle if it makes sense with the building layout. I'd recommend the extra switch if at all possible.