justaquestion

DVD to DVR Video/Audio

Here is a link to the rear of the DVD Player.

182531_1.jpg

And here is a link to the rear of the DVR.

182531_1.png

I have to connect the DVD player to the DVR. Sound and Audio have to go through the DVR. We are streaming this DVR, and using VLC Player to view the stream.

I can't get the audio to work though. Aside from the stream, even the monitor hooked up to the DVR is producing no sound.

I have the Video going from the DVD to the DVR using a BNC adapter in the yellow Video Out slot on the DVD player to Analog 1 on the DVR. This works.

I ASSUMED then that I could use the standard RCA cable, to do Audio Out on the DVD Player, to Audio In on the DVR. No audio though. I tried red to Audio In 1, red to LINE IN, but still no audio. I went into the DVR settings and saw "Enable Audio Output" in the 'Live View' tab, enabled it, but still no sound.

Help me get audio!

Are you just using the DVR as a stream generator? If so, why not use something designed specifically for this purpose, like a Slingbox?

Are you just using the DVR as a stream generator? If so, why not use something designed specifically for this purpose, like a Slingbox?

Nothing here has a dedicated function, just trying new things. My boss asked me to try it.

We have the DVR on the network.

Instead of viewing the cameras over the network, we want to view a video playing through the DVD player with audio and video.

Not sure if that answers your question?

Yeah, pretty much - just figured, depending on what you were doing with it, there might be an easier/more efficient way of streaming the DVD player.

Well, the first thing that comes to mind is, I don't see an audio output on that DVD player (I'm assuming this is an all-in-one home theater system?). The audio jacks on the left are labeled "AUX IN 2", which means that's an audio input... the three on the right are video outputs. Unless there are audio-out jacks elsewhere on the unit...

Hmm, going from the AH64-03822Q part number on that unit, Google tells me it's a Samsung HT-WX70 home theater unit... from what I can find, there is no analog audio output on that unit; it appears the ONLY way to get audio from it is via the HDMI OUT port (and that would be PCM digital audio).

So short answer is: you can't do it with that DVD player. The good news is, any cheap $20 home DVD player SHOULD work

Yeah, pretty much - just figured, depending on what you were doing with it, there might be an easier/more efficient way of streaming the DVD player.

Well, the first thing that comes to mind is, I don't see an audio output on that DVD player (I'm assuming this is an all-in-one home theater system?). The audio jacks on the left are labeled "AUX IN 2", which means that's an audio input... the three on the right are video outputs. Unless there are audio-out jacks elsewhere on the unit...

Hmm, going from the AH64-03822Q part number on that unit, Google tells me it's a Samsung HT-WX70 home theater unit... from what I can find, there is no analog audio output on that unit; it appears the ONLY way to get audio from it is via the HDMI OUT port (and that would be PCM digital audio).

So short answer is: you can't do it with that DVD player. The good news is, any cheap $20 home DVD player SHOULD work

Yep! Your definitely right... The only Audio output is amplified. I feel silly... Guess I overlooked it. I am still new to all of this though..

Thanks again Soundy! Your very helpful.

My Google-Fu is strong today

If you have a TV that has HDMI in and analog audio outs, you could always decode the audio that way... but it would have to be on all the time for this to work. Frankly, I think a $20 DVD player would be preferable.