znelbok

Trying to get video image from camera

Hi Guys

I managed to get hold of some IP cameras from teh local security company NESS (Australia). From what I can tell these are rebadged Etrovision cameras - EV6150.

http://www.etrovision.com/pdn_Detail.aspx?no=1&nosub=1

I am trying to get the URL for the video stream only, but the supplier hsa no idea and i am still waiting on a reply from Etrovision (been a while).

Does anyone know how to get the image out of these cameras?

Thanks

Mick

http://www.etrovision.com/PressRoom_Detail.aspx?RMod=1&id=41

Just three steps, it takes less than one minute to finish the initial configuration!

Embedded USB configuration port on each product (What is EtroLink™?)

EtroLink™ is an USB configuration port on each Etrovision product. Just connect the device with personal computer via an USB cable, a wizard will pop out and it takes only three steps to finish the setting without pouring installation of any drivers and software applications. EtroLink™ guarantees easy configuration between each camera and PC. Users are able to have quick access to important product information, for example, product type, serial number, firmware version, and distributor. Users may easily enable PPPoE, DDNS, and DHCP without complicated and time-consuming network setting.

Across-subnet Configuration

The configuration between each camera is not only easy but across-subnet. Users can alter the IP address of each camera via the standard PC interface instead time-consuming checking the back of each camera.

Connect it to your computer via micro USB and configure it to match your network? Maybe it has a static IP which isn't compatible with your current network.

Jason

Thanks

I am not having trouble with it on the nework I can see an image, but there is also all the crap that goes with it such as logo's, buttons etc.

I am just trying to get the image only from the camera so it can be embedded in my own web page and used with NVR's.

Mick

Where did you find this.

I am pretty clueless with html so I am not sure on how to use this (as opposed to using a plain http url) and embed it in a HTML page. I tried just the URL but ie says it cant be displayed.

Can't recall exactly where, did a Google search.

Replace ip_adx with your cameras IP and I'm assuming you put that URL into your NVR for a feed.

ex: rtsp://192.168.1.110/rtpvideo.sdp

In the example, your camera IP is 192.168.1.110

Thanks Guys

Great info.

I suspect that the camera does not support rstp as none of the menu's shown anywhere match the menus for the camera in question.

It is obviously possible because their NVR software is doing it, but trying to work out how it is doing it is proving to be difficult.

These cheap cameras $60 may not have been so good after all. At least they have an analog output as well.

I'll keep searching and sending e-mails to see what I can find.

Mick