n0fx

32 Channel 32CH Standalone DVR recommendation

I was wondering what you guys would recommend in terms of a 32 Channel Standalone DVR? If the price different isn't so much for the D1's but if the difference is quite big, then I guess they would rather go with CIF. I was looking into the Dahua ones but I've never used them. (DH-3204LF-S) The customer I have basically only uses it to record and has output for VGA to a computer monitor, there don't use any loop outs or audio recording. The reason why they're replacing their current machine is because it doesn't support any Iphone/Ipads (NetProMax FX DVR). The company went out of business a while back.

I'm up for any recommendations and also, they have another machine (same brand, NetProMax) that does 16 channels. I was thinking of replacing the machine with a new one that supports Iphone/Ipad as well but I wasn't sure if that's a good idea. I really wanted to consolidate both the 32CH and 16CH machines into one but it seems like the only way to do so was to use a PC based DVR?

I'm a fan of PC-based systems overall, but I've been testing a four-channel Dahua and been really impressed by its performance and features. Definitely give the Dahuas a look. The remote client allows you to connect to, view and control multiple units so it would be easy to integrate the operation of two separate systems.

Dahua does have 32ch units, I would prefer one 32ch unit than 2 16ch units. I have installed a few times DH-DVR3204LE-U (they probably have better 32ch models), it has 4ch D1 25/30fps and the other 28ch are either CIF 25/30fps or D1 6/7fps.

Dahua does have 32ch units, I would prefer one 32ch unit than 2 16ch units. I have installed a few times DH-DVR3204LE-U (they probably have better 32ch models), it has 4ch D1 25/30fps and the other 28ch are either CIF 25/30fps or D1 6/7fps.

Thanks, I was thinking the same as well. I got back to the customer about getting the Dahua unit. I've heard good things on the forums with that brand. I've never tried it myself but I would like to install one to see how it performs.

I'm a fan of PC-based systems overall, but I've been testing a four-channel Dahua and been really impressed by its performance and features. Definitely give the Dahuas a look. The remote client allows you to connect to, view and control multiple units so it would be easy to integrate the operation of two separate systems.

Great, I will definitely take a look at it. I've had my share of mixed pc and dvr based units. I just feel that it's less maintenance for dvr standalones as opposed to the pc, since you have to worry about the several underlining components of a pc (not that I can't do it, just more hassle for the customer). I know the PC based ones are more flexible though, like they can support more channels than 32 if you stack them up with more cards and such.