ssnapier

JPG view on a MAC, how to increase refresh rate

Is there any way to increase the refresh rate on V8.1 of GV-DVR? I have a friend who needs to view his cameras on a MAC, and one image every few minutes simply isn't going to cut it. I actually just tried it from my PC and it is doing the same thing, just a single JPG image every minute or so.

99% chance the problem is the upstream bandwidth of the system. I assume this is remote viewing over an internet connection?

Well, it is a FIOS connection and the upstream is 8 megs (tested and confirmed). If I run it using the MultiViewer, I get all 4 cameras with no issue.

I wish they would just publish a real MAC compatible client and get it over with.

If it's doing the same thing on a PC as well as a Mac, then it has nothing to do with the OS that the client is running on.

What if you run a remote-desktop app on the DVR (something like Teamviewer, which has a Mac server and client as well)? Does the desktop display smoothly? If so, then it's probably an issue with GV itself not streaming smoothly. If the desktop display is painfully slow, then it's a connection issue somewhere... maybe a problem in a router, or even the GV machine's own NIC.

What happens if you view it directly on the same LAN with the GV?

I actually just tried it from my PC and it is doing the same thing, just a single JPG image every minute or so.
If I use DMMMultiViewer it runs flawlessly over the LAN or the internet.

?? Or you mean you're trying it in the PC's browser in the first instance?

Again, if it's doing the same thing on the PC, then it's nothing to do with the OS... in this case I would suspect something with the GV's webserver.

Well you should reset your Mac jpg format and need to install macports. You can take Mac OS Support for better result which provide you best Mac Support in a manner.

www.igennie.net/apple-support/mac-support.html